• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Your demo request....

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
Josh Matta

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Can you sideslip on one foot? Can you carve on one foot?

Sideslip is done by managing fore/aft balance and flattening the ski, right?

Seems to me that a brushed carve is somewhere between these two, and therefore must be possible by blending the moves?

There are some skis that are easier to carve and others that are easier to sideslip. Thinking wider skis, high stiffness, with minimal sidecut for sideslip, and narrow skis with softer flex (slalom) for carving. So it seems likely that there will be some skis that you could "brushed carve" more easily on one foot vs. carve on one foot.

yeah carving on one foot is WAY easier than brushed carving on one foot, steering on one foot is the hardest if not impossible.

When your on snow you should go try to side slip on foot with out the other foot or poles touching....

I'm surprised your MA skills aren't better, Josh. What part about the tail of the ski being displaced more than the tip doesn't equal brushed/skidded turns to you?

the tail is being displace before the ski hooks up. I never said it wasnt.

TS
Josh Matta

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
^^^^ I like that.

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
As a less experienced instructor, and looking at the video as a layskier, I’d say there’s a lot of skidding there and not close to a pure carve. But, I suppose there’s a scale, right? Where on the scale is @Josh Matta referring to. I don’t even know how to quantify the scale except, it seems to me, one end is a pure carve, the other is a pivot slip?

I did try more skidded turns when the other thread was up. Caught my outside edge and went tumbling. Did it during a clinic. I always find a way to prove to others how poor a skier I am. Can always count on Pugski Ski School for ideas on helping that along

May I recommend we stay on target of this thread and not discuss the one ski carve/brushed point of contact information again here.

Re that other target, Wedge Christie please.

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
Nice video Doby. I think I could do the right ski, probably not the left; I can’t even master bate if I have to go to my left.

Status
Not open for further replies.