• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Your car is your Baselodge

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yep.
I'll boot up at the car as usual, and brown bag it. Pack an N-95 in my pocket for potty runs. I usually don't use the bathroom often because my typical ski day isn't more than 3 hours anyway. If I need to warm up, that's going to be the issue. There aren't a ton of days here where I'm so cold I want to go inside, but those are going to be the days where I'm not yet sure what I'll do.

whitefeathers

Putting on skis
Skier
Yes, my car already was my lodge....for gearing up, rest, drinks and snacks. I only went inside the actual lodge for restroom breaks.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 6.28.53 PM.png
+
Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 6.28.19 PM.png
= :)

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My car is usually my base lodge anyhow. The beer and food are cheaper and the rules are less strict. I have zero issues with this next winter. Will suck for weekend mega resort people though
Wow, look who climbed out from under his east coast rock.
Welcome back.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
So, where will we put that in SS Pugski?
The pop up folds flat, the potty is pretty small. The biggest problem is getting off the hill and all the way to the car in time. Mt. Rose, lot 3, please.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Truth is, I like the luxury of booting up in the lodge, using the bathrooms and grabbing an affordable bite to eat for lunch, especially at Rose.
But...Booting up in the car is what we did the first couple years we were in Tahoe, skiing Northstar, before we worked at Northstar and had the luxury of booting up in the store backroom.

We'll adapt.
This really is one of the smallest issues to worry about, for me.

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
At the risk of repetition from other threads (and it's the very reason I had brought it up in the first place), a potty!!! I can change, boot up, maybe even heat up a lunch on a cold day (admittedly that would require me to bring my camping stove, but hey, not necessarily a bad idea, especially if the food is hot-ish already from a Thermos), crack open something for après, etc. etc. - basically with the exception of the potty, I could be 100% lodge independent.
No worries ski buddy. I can get us a little camp potty to use should you desperately need one. Nothing like hauling a Portable potty in the back of the skimobile. Easy Peasy.
We can park next to @raisingarizona and have some brats at the same time!

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
We've been preparing for this moment for years.

These are of the old van, but new van is similar. Except with more 12v outlets for powering boot heaters.

30516761_10101500098552300_5515449451460216198_n.jpg

17498459_10101135485604570_2716211050919151328_n (1).jpg

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I will be taking my daily driver, 2019 Toyota Tacoma, and put it in storage for the winter.

This will be the daily ski vehicle:
1597896617124.jpeg

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Remove the side by side, add skis and snow, and we're in business!
20200525_113947.jpg

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
I know there's some humorous hyperbole going on here but how hard is this? It's booting up for skiing not running a bio-pharmaceutical manufacturing sterile lab.

Ladies if your modesty prevents a trip into the woods for No 1s, and everyone for No 2s you're just going to have to brave whatever facilities are available or stay home (how on earth have people been managing for decades when out for hikes etc?). The rest - I'm sure everyone has booted up at a tailgate at least once in their lives. Did the world end?

Yep especially when remote parking (or looking at you Northstar - remote gondolaing to where the skiing really starts) I'm a fan of shuttling in sneakers and booting up at the lodge, but i could survive. I'd be way more concerned about shuttle buses for all the resorts that have marginalised drive-in skiers than the odd restroom visit.

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
No worries ski buddy. I can get us a little camp potty to use should you desperately need one. Nothing like hauling a Portable potty in the back of the skimobile. Easy Peasy.
We can park next to @raisingarizona and have some brats at the same time!
And I was really mostly thinking of YOU, ski buddy - us chaps can, at a pinch, act like we are examining a tree carefully ... but it's the brats "at the same time" that is mildly concerning ogsmile

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid