• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

You Ski Like a Girl!

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
i just booked my ticket to london.... Hmm, what crime will get me arrested but nothing too serious.

Won't do you much good - Swedish bikini cop was in a park in Stockholm.

Anyway re the food - London is second only to Paris for Michelin stars in Europe and probably has more diverse ethnic cuisine than most world cities - curries are a basic human right here. Plus fast food Cornish pasty takeaways at rail stations - what's not to like?

Reactions: Ron

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
What if the original banner add from this thread had something like this? How different would this discussion be? How effective would the advertisement be?
Dad:
innerhofer1-505x670.jpg

Mum:
13680548_1107419702629100_1827821840941299148_n.jpg

Kid:
full
Mom and dad have had too much to drink and have headed to the adult hot tub, the kid just wants to ski.

;)

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I think it's more like, he needs her to prop him up and keep his balance. Someone to hold his hand so he doesn't get afraid.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
When was the last time we saw ads like this?
vintage-appliance-2.jpg

In the OP ? :) And in a lot of the TV commercials where a male voice technically describes a vacuum cleaner, while a lady pushes it around. And the list goes.

There is a lot of injustice in the world, and of course, this is a ski forum so we don't get intall that, but this is a ski ad, so it feels relevant. I am very happy to see @skibob point it out, without having been the target. That' a cool dude if you ask me :)

Is this a huge deal? Not really. But pointing this kind of small wrongs out is good. Thanks, @skibob .

Oh, and @Tricia , I liked your approach to the conversation and the insight.

Sponsor

Staff online