• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

You should add water to you whisky!

antigonowhere

Booting up
Skier
Agreed.

My best whiskey story, falling in line with cheap grog:

I found, and promptly fell in love with, Cameron Brig, a single grain from Levenmouth, Fife. I used to have an office in Cupar, a short jaunt away - so this was super local to Fife, like Fife alone. Anyway, the first time I tried it I had been asking some locals in my former local what they liked and they switched me to this stuff. Beauty! I promptly brought three bottles home the next trip and started to share with friends.

My wife used to work with five or six real true blue whiskey guys and so one night I broke this stuff out for them to try, I mean these guys and their knowledge simply dwarfs mine. That was two crocks gone almost immediately. No probs, I knew I'd be heading back at some point. They all raved about it and couldn't believe it was so bloody cheap.

The third bottle was sipped by another of her coworker's husbands and I after the party had broken up. As we neared halfway on the bottle he asked me if he could take some with him. He cautioned that he would never normally ask, except that this was the best whiskey he had ever had. He wanted to share with his brothers. One was a dentist, the other a doctor. He laughed and said that as a school bus driver he was both the black sheep of the family, and unable to afford the high end scotches they were buying and sharing with him. He went on to say that while they never openly made mention of the disparity in earnings, they would make subtle mentions that my buddy might not be able to afford to ever taste "finer" whiskies.

That sort of shit is kinda 100% effing exactly like a red flag to a bull to me. He went home armed with half the crock we'd been drinking. I was so enraged at his brothers' collective attitude that I immediately put away the Brig and brought out something else for us to finish our evening.

He called me about a month later and told me that they were with him and they were mind blown. They were demanding to know what he had served them and how he had gotten hold of it, because this was obviously no normal whiskey. He told them he had saved and saved and saved for ONE special bottle, but would not tell them what it was that particular night.

As of this writing, the 20 quid bottle of Cameron Brig ruse as a high end scotch nears six years in age. Good for the pompous pricks.

Sponsor