• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

You can't make this stuff up: Crazy stories ripped from the headlines

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Did you post this on the joke thread? It gave me a laugh.

Ideally, it belongs in the funnies thread. However, reality intrudes. There is a fairly even split among the populace in the US on who to believe.
Perhaps it is the final test from Darwin before he flushes the shallow end of the gene pool.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Okay, not in the headlines but this obituary of a skier is creative to say the least.
In lieu of flowers, please pay someone's open bar tab, smoke a bowl, and fearlessly carve out some fresh lines through the trees on the gnarliest side of the mountain.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Okay, not in the headlines but this obituary of a skier is creative to say the least.
In lieu of flowers, please pay someone's open bar tab, smoke a bowl, and fearlessly carve out some fresh lines through the trees on the gnarliest side of the mountain.
The president of my ski club back east for 50 years new the end was near. He set aside money for a party at an Am Legion Post after his death including payment of a round of beer for everyone.
A good time was had by all !

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
I've seen goats that eat grass and underbrush, but
now we have ducks that eat snails / bugs at a winery in South Africa !

Nature's Geek Squad !

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Not so crazy, more like amazing... I think the 'Dragon Eggs' qualify it for this thread, though.

The videos in this story are quite impressive.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
I wouldn't have been communicating with those raccoons using baby talk. They are not cute little mammals to be befriended. Those are families. Parents will protect their kids if they feel threatened. Why were those raccoons staying so close to those humans? I'm wondering if they have been fed before.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I wouldn't have been communicating with those raccoons using baby talk. They are not cute little mammals to be befriended. Those are families. Parents will protect their kids if they feel threatened. Why were those raccoons staying so close to those humans? I'm wondering if they have been fed before.
I was thinking they were likely fed before... or maybe they were smart enough to head for the humans when the coyote is around?

Sponsor

Staff online