• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Yet to be done, 2016 edition

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Like it or not, we are about half way through the season. What is still on your "to do" list? Is there anythng you are working on? Any tricks you want to master? Sales are starting, new gear you have an eye on? Areas you want to visit? Big trips yet on the horizon?

Me, we haven't skied Squaw/Alpine yet this year. It is planned for this week with @Craig Scholten comign to town and he wants to ski there. I really want to get down to Heavenly and ski with @Jed Peters and maybe bis pops. It was grear getting out with the Rose crew and woudl liek to meet up with @ErikL at some point too. Of course Mothers Day at A-Basin is on the agenda with a stop at Snowbird on the way. Looking forward wo skiing Steamboat with @Ron next month. Oh, I did do my helicopter this season, so that makes over 30 years straight doing at least one.

ErikL

AKA Bro12
Skier
Absolutely! That's been one of my goals as well, to meet some fellow Puggers, especially since there are so many of us in Reno. It's been tough though, since it doesn't seem that many of us ski at Rose regularly. I haven't been skiing as much as I've wanted to, but for the rest of the season I'll be up there Thurs-Fri-Sat, and hopefully two other days actually skiing.

I've really taken a big step this season in the mental aspect of skiing. The past few years I was having lots of anxiety and apprehension while skiing, and that controlled me. This season I got over it completely and I've been having fun every day, all day that I've been on the snow. So no big goals for me skiing, but simply more progression. I want to hit some of the bigger Chutes at Rose, continue getting more comfortable with bigger air.

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
2nd Utah trip, hopefully the PSIA-W Spring Convention, and see if I can get some time on my twinnies and work on that heli !!!

Oh, yeah, and run some gates at DV when we're there. :crossfingers:

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
In about three weeks, I'll be taking a granddaughter up to Granby Ranch and teach her to ski. I know I'm supposed to put her in ski school, but if I don't do it, she won't learn until she's 23, or whatever. She'll be 10 in April. Then, over the next couple of seasons, I'll get the other four grandkids up for the same. Then it'll be huge fun having a grandkid or two along with me on my ski trips for the next 20 years.

Jed Peters

World's Most "Okayest" Skier
Skier
Like it or not, we are about half way through the season. What is still on your "to do" list? Is there anythng you are working on? Any tricks you want to master? Sales are starting, new gear you have an eye on? Areas you want to visit? Big trips yet on the horizon?

Me, we haven't skied Squaw/Alpine yet this year. It is planned for this week with @Craig Scholten comign to town and he wants to ski there. I really want to get down to Heavenly and ski with @Jed Peters and maybe bis pops. It was grear getting out with the Rose crew and woudl liek to meet up with @ErikL at some point too. Of course Mothers Day at A-Basin is on the agenda with a stop at Snowbird on the way. Looking forward wo skiing Steamboat with @Ron next month. Oh, I did do my helicopter this season, so that makes over 30 years straight doing at least one.

See you soon @Philpug!

Here's looking at you, kid!

image.jpeg

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
You can do that this weekend

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Get more comfortable on steeps. Taking a private lesson to work on it today! It's all coming from my right leg/boot that I broke last season. Doesn't want to dig in OR bend and drive like it should.

Heading to Sun Valley next weekend for a quick girls' trip.

And it needs to snow again. This warm, dry weather sucks.

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
On the schedule is a Europe trip! Chamonix and Zermatt. First time out of the USA (Whistler doesn't really count - flew into Seattle). Looking forward to that.

And looking forward to some late season big storms in Tahoe.

Eric

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester

...and having latte's...... Psyched! I just got in some local pig too.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Valley II a week from now.

A bit sadly, regardless of the amazing snowpack we're now enjoying, my thoughts always start turning to the bike(s) about now.

Make no mistake, the skiing will continue well into April, but the mind kind of quits thinking much about skiing and/or skis between about now and August, during off-slope times.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Up until about 5 years ago I used to avoid moguls like the plague. I got tired of skiing crowded slopes and always searching for the "right" snow so I started exploring more and more terrain. At first it was tough but every season I am getting better and better skiing them and I want to continue that. It opened up so much terrain, uncrowded terrain, it is awesome. Most times it is just me and very few other folks enjoying great terrain, empty while the groomers are a crowded mess. Just the other day I was skiing under Chair 1 at Loveland on a somewhat crowded (for Loveland) weekend day and there was no one around me most of the time. Most people want nothing of that steep mogulled up terrain. Choosing the right skis for that have helped me tremendously.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I need to get to either JH or UT. It's been 12 years since I didn't go to at least one or the other. Still have March.

Magwai

Novice skier, expert faller!!!
Skier
Ski woods at Stowe.

Ski the woods anywhere in the east!! Maybe after this next dump. Looks like I'll be on the quest for new boots. Boot fitter is currently in WB. But we can discuss things via email till he's back east in April.

I would be happy to ski in anything deeper than the corduroy depth anywhere on the Ice Coast this season :eek:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Got gold in a NASTAR/RTG race for the first time since returning to skiing. Son earned his first medal same day. I still want to get a run on the Hexel Split Tails that I wasn't able to keep clicked in last try. I see one more NC mountains trip, possibly an overnighter next weekend or the 12th. 19th is out and snow will be mostly gone after that. They are trying to stay open til April 4 but I'm not betting on that.

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
Being from the east it has been a real tough season, I did get one trip out to Snowbird ,but the rest of the season has been very tough and I desperately need some skiing on natural snow. I would love to go back out west be just to busy at work, and have an expensive sailing trip in June. So I have set my sights to next year and will do two trips out west with Whistler gathering being one of them.

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
My season started late and having been off skis for two years, I decided to reenter via a couple of group lessons at Mt Bachelor. Best case, I'd learn something. Worst case, I'd get a tour of part of the mountain. The real 'best case' was ... I struck oil with the instructor for my group the first day. He is exactly what I need to get back to the level I was skiing and then beyond that.

Yet to be done this season ... private lesson with him. Looking forward to it.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Being from the east it has been a real tough season, I did get one trip out to Snowbird ,but the rest of the season has been very tough and I desperately need some skiing on natural snow. I would love to go back out west be just to busy at work, and have an expensive sailing trip in June. So I have set my sights to next year and will do two trips out west with Whistler gathering being one of them.

well whats your excuse for not skiing this wednesday in what is going to be 4-8 inches of sleet at Stowe? Heck the woods are even covered enough to ski right now, and 8 inches of sleet will ski bottomless.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January