• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Yes, you can dye ski clothing with success

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
After my fun dying ski boots and seeing success there, I've embarked on a couple more "projects" to see if Rit DyeMore can also work well on technical ski gear. I have now dyed a pair of Mountain Hardwear Returnia ski pants and my Spyder jacket. I was able to make the MH pants a darker grey to match my OR jacket. The Spyder jacket had developed this weird kind of "bleed through" stain from the interior liner that came out on the jacket surface. The jacket was a bright greenish yellow (Spyder calls the color voltage), so the stain was getting more and more obvious. I used a combo of Rit DyeMore green and a bit of yellow and that darkened the color just enough to hide the stains without radically changing the color of the jacket (it's just a bit more green now).

Note that you must be careful with the water temp when dealing with tech gear that has waterproof/breathable membranes. You don't want to "melt" the piece. ;)

Sponsor

Staff online