• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Yer doin' it wrong...

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Occasionally I will see someone who can barely wedge turn on a double black. I usually watch and congratulate them if they make it down without serious blowing up.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You're doin it wrong if your 3-5 year old kid is shrieking and terrified at the trail you are hollering at them to "just do it"!
Or following them down the hill yelling PIZZA!!! PIZZA!!!! PIZZA!!!!

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Camp.jpg

No caption needed.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
  • Yer doin' it wrong if you get on a lift when you are so far out of shape that you can hardly walk. You definitely won't be able to ski or board. I see that one a lot! And sure enough, these people face plant right off the lift. Hopefully, skiing will help those people try and get in shape (it helped me get in better shape, to be sure)
  • Yer doin' it wrong if you are on a run well beyond your current skills. Sure, you might survive it, but you'll acquire the most horrible habits, and you won't be skiing anyways.
  • Yer doin' it wrong if you are boozing like there is no tomorrow ... at lunch break, before heading back to the mountain. You'll probably need your senses up there!
  • Yer doin' it wrong if you are wearing one of these (unless, of course, it's a special occasion) :
slider_th1.png

So, ^basically spring break.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Maybe it smelled bad and needed aired out? I'm only slightly joking. I moved furniture professionally all through undergrad, and sometimes I would drive with the doors open (and pads securely strapped down) when the truck was empty, because, well, some people's stuff just left a nasty stank in the truck, and you couldn't show up at the next job with that rolling out when you open the doors. Also, I didn't have to make somebody sweep the dust and dirt out of the truck at the end of the day--a job everybody hated.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
& that's why they call them bedbuggers. :)
Furniture movers

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
& that's why they call them bedbuggers. :)
Furniture movers
If you only knew! In fact, the company was owned by family friends. I was 19 and didn't know sh*t about moving furniture. Within 3 weeks of being hired, I was driving the truck and boss of a crew because "I know you aren't high, won't steal from me or my customers, and can form full sentences when talking to the customer". My first day in charge I had to fire a guy for stealing cocaine out of the nightstand of our customer.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Or following them down the hill yelling PIZZA!!! PIZZA!!!! PIZZA!!!!

So I've told this story before, but the kids in the vid are those of a friend I grew up with. The little guy who crashed is still an avid skier and is on the Park City freestyle program these days doing crazy stuff. I'd be absolutely happy to have my kid ski with anyone in their family any time. :)

(The older half brother, at the time about 15, was the one yelling "Pizza!")

Sponsor

Staff online