• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Yeah, Yeah Another One

TS
Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer

Getting on the lift
Skier
Sadly my skis have been waxed for the summer and the golf clubs are out.

But a totally epic season at Whistler this year.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Joe S, have you tried Ski Diva? I've heard there are some women there.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What's a Golf club? Can you ski with it? Is it like a trekking pole? Hands crampons?

They're expensive like skis. Everyone is always wondering if they're using the right one like skis. There's 14 in a quiver. If you don't turn them right you look like an ass just like on skis. Your form in golf is subject to obsessive over analysis (analysis paralysis) just like skiing. Everyone thinks their form of instruction is better than the other guys, just like skiing. There is plenty of après golf to be had. In fact it is much easier to drink while golfing than it is while skiing with far less chance of serious injury. Your chairlift in golf is self propelled with you at the controls and it goes wherever you point it. Like skiing one really good shot can make the whole day worthwhile. Am I forgetting anything???
FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:
TS
Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer

Getting on the lift
Skier
They're expensive like skis. Everyone is always wondering if they're using the right one like skis. There's 14 in a quiver. If you don't turn them right you look like an ass just like on skis. Your form in golf is subject to obsessive over analysis (analysis paralysis) just like skiing. Everyone thinks their form of instruction is better than the other guys, just like skiing. There is plenty of après golf to be had. In fact it is much easier to drink while golfing than it is while skiing with far less chance of serious injury. Your chairlift in golf is self propelled with you at the controls and it goes wherever you point it. Like skiing one really good shot can make the whole day worthwhile. Am I forgetting anything???
View attachment 23250

Brilliant.

Louiggi

Booting up
Skier
View attachment 23250

Get it. you get to play something sort of like skiing with your arms instead of your legs, While skiing, you do it in temperatures that would keep your quail or deer safer than in your basement freezer. You can also get frostbite in your nose or (in the rare cases where nature calls in the backcountry) frostbite in other places that hurt a lot... While when golfing, you do it in sweltering temperatures, with mosquitoes, black flies, biting gnats and bees, and hornets and wasps and (in some places) scorpions and Brown Recluses and Black Widows.... And while skiing you can fall off a chair while while Golfing, you can get hit by lightning...

And yet we do it over and over and over.....

Lots of similarities......

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Check the heading under my avatar!!

But double black diamonds are a girl's best friend.
Coming from the Lead Cougar, I will believe you.

Sponsor

Staff online