• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Y’all know how to make it snow 15-20” powder?

mcpowell

I want to be good
Skier
Well, I can tell you. Here’s what you do. First of all, you have to live somewhere that doesn’t get snow, but you love to snow ski anyway. Then you order a new pair of All Mountain Skis (not ideal in powder) and then you plan a trip to Colorado (last week). Now those all mountain skis need to hang in your office all summer taunting you, even begging you to take them skiing. But you can’t take them until your January ski trip comes around. And then the same day you’re supposed to fly in, Vail will get 15+ inches of 20:1 snow.

So what did I do??? I finagled a standby flight the day before the powder was to arrive, got a hotel room, rented some powder skis and left my brand new RTM’s at the hotel while I skied the powder.

I did love the RTM84’s the rest of the weekend, but they were not the right ski for all that powder.

Any other secrets to make it snow big?

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm going to wash my truck for the second or third time this week to ensure this weekend's storms are all they can be.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Leave your powder cords home

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
Having a really bad cold or flu is a way good to spin up a nice low pressure system.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
yes once you pass the refund/change date on your lodging or flight for a flyaway trip the systems for your home mtn will start spinning up.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Well, I left Colorado for work a week ago and it has snowed quite a bit since. :wave:

I still have more than a week left of work here so by the time I get back there should be a lot more snow..

Sponsor

Staff online