• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

XM 13 19/20 or a Different binding?

rjski

Booting up
Skier
Hi,

I don't have much knowledge about bindings.

Received Stockli Laser Ar 175 with XM 13 19/20 Bindings as a gift. They're unmounted currently but bindings feel heavy, for aggressive type of riding should I keep them or should I change them with something else?

TS
R

rjski

Booting up
Skier
These bindings

Attachments

• xm13.png
    xm13.png
    440.9 KB · Views: 105

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That is basically the Salomon/Atomic/Armada Warden system binding that is used on some of their more aggressive system skis. It is also used as their demo binding. Quite frankly, it is the binding that we are in the process of switching to for our test fleet. It is a good binding.

TS
R

rjski

Booting up
Skier
That is basically the Salomon/Atomic/Armada Warden system binding that is used on some of their more aggressive system skis. It is also used as their demo binding. Quite frankly, it is the binding that we are in the process of switching to for our test fleet. It is a good binding.

Would you recommend any other binding that is more reliable and superior and also lighter around 200-300 price range? I can still sell these and buy those.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Would you recommend any other binding that is more reliable and superior and also lighter around 200-300 price range? I can still sell these and buy those.
Look Pivot is always a good call. If you want to stay in the Stockli family (their bindings are Salomon/Atomic bindings rebranded) The regular Warden 13 or the Sth2 13. Honesty, if they are mounted on them, I'd just ski them with utmost confidence.

TS
R

rjski

Booting up
Skier
Look Pivot is always a good call. If you want to stay in the Stockli family (their bindings are Salomon/Atomic bindings rebranded) The regular Warden 13 or the Sth2 13. Honesty, if they are mounted on them, I'd just ski them with utmost confidence.
No they're not mounted but after your reply I'll probably keep them.

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Stöckli uses Sal-o-tomic bindings in custom Stöckli colors with Stöckli catalog numbers. Can't go wrong with matching colors.... I used some Head bindings on my Stöcklis, but at least the red stripe on the Heads matches the red Swiss flag on the skis. Gott'a be careful here.

rj, from the appearance of the photo, it looks like those bindings will allow you to move the toe & heel equally forward or back to find the spot that feels best to you. If both are moved equally the release function isn't changed. It takes about 8 to 10 mm to start feeling much difference, and sometimes repositioning the bindings like that works very well for some people. The "right" spot is the spot where the skis perform best for you and that puts the biggest smile on your face. You've got some of the world's best skis and bindings...have fun!

Sponsor

Staff online