• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Wyoming vs Colorado

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
As a 5+ decade Colorado native, I think the video downplays the negative impact of the growth in Colorado. Crowding, traffic, and crime substantially impact the quality of life.

I've contemplated retiring to Laramie for uncrowded mountain bike trails and zero income taxes. Spend winter and summer in the Colorado high country and mud season in Wyoming. I think I'd miss the warmth of the spring and fall on the CO front range, though.

1681841277516.png

Reactions: Tex

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
As a 5+ decade Colorado native, I think the video downplays the negative impact of the growth in Colorado. Crowding, traffic, and crime substantially impact the quality of life.

I've contemplated retiring to Laramie for uncrowded mountain bike trails and zero income taxes. Spend winter and summer in the Colorado high country and mud season in Wyoming. I think I'd miss the warmth of the spring and fall on the CO front range, though.

View attachment 200977
In general, in my trips west, I'm surprised at how much crime there appears to be, based strictly on inference. Signs about not leaving anything visible in your car. Restaurant bathrooms that require a key code. Stuff like that. We have some of that where I am, but much less. I don't live in the boondocks by any stretch of the imagination, but lots of people here still don't lock their cars or houses habitually.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
The other factor of especially Southern WY is the wind. All those highway gates are there for a reason, wind. Central and Northern WY do not seem as bad, Eastern WY, it can flat howl. The windiest spot in the US is the SE corner of WY.
Just sayin'.
@tball the Laramie stats are not to big of a surprise. Nice collage town. Cayenne is a whole lot rougher though.

Sponsor

Staff online