• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

WTB - Crank Brothers Kronolog Dropper Remote

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Throwing out a Hail Mary here....

Currently use a CB Kronolog remote for my seat post. I like the way it feels, works and sits on my bars. However, I fell and broke earlier this week :(.

I’m planning on replacing my seat post with a longer dropper soon, but not quite ready to pull the trigger on that one. So hoping to get a remote for the time being, without spending a fortune.

Any chance anyone has a Kronolog remote they’re willing to part with? New or used. I’d also entertain CBs Highline remote of the price is right.

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm guessing you already visited fleabay and saw the replacement highline remotes for serious change.

Does it have to be CB? Have heard good things about KS south paw, though have no idea if it would work a CB system.

TS
Lauren

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Does it have to be CB? Have heard good things about KS south paw, though have no idea if it would work a CB system.

It doesn't need to be CB, I just really like the way the Kronolog currently fits with my bars and other items that are on my bars. I am one of the few that is still rocking a 2x front crank (yes, I'll eventually go to a 1x, but it's not in the budget to replace the entire drivetrain at this point in time). So I have a shifter on my left grip as well as a shock remote lockout, then the shifter and the dropper on my right...not exactly a "normal" set up. The Crank Brothers remote has A LOT of adjustment, which makes it fit real nice, even with a shifter.

I don't actually have a CB dropper, just the trigger. I hated the trigger that came on my bike, got a really good deal on the CB one (since they were phasing out that dropper post), and it fit really well as an over the bar (even though it was designed to be mounted under the bar).

I need something that'll work over the bars...damn 2x configuration.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I don't actually have a CB dropper, just the trigger. I hated the trigger that came on my bike, got a really good deal on the CB one (since they were phasing out that dropper post), and it fit really well as an over the bar (even though it was designed to be mounted under the bar).

Wait, you're currently mounting over the bar and on the right bar, yes?

Why won't the Wolftooth or any other left-hand under-the-bar remote work in that configuration? Is there not enough room for the lever arm or something?

TS
Lauren

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Wait, you're currently mounting over the bar and on the right bar, yes?

Why won't the Wolftooth or any other left-hand under-the-bar remote work in that configuration? Is there not enough room for the lever arm or something?

Yes, over the bar on the right side

I have a front shifter under the bar on the left...so no space for a dropper there. Unless there’s some under the bar remotes that can work with a shifter?

TS
Lauren

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Now look at the Wolftooth ReLa pic above and flip it over in your head so the lever arm points =>

Will the lever clear your current brake/shifter clamp(s)? It deffo would clear mine.

I think it would clear the clamps...looks like it from the pictures at least. Definitely a good thought. May have to try something like that if I can’t find one of the CB ones I know will fit and that I like the feel of...or suck it up and just buy a new Highline trigger, cause I know it’s very similar, if not more adjustable.

TS
Lauren

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
@Ron - nope, don’t need it anymore...I ended up replacing it with a Highline. I can’t believe you remembered this thread! If I break this one, I’ll be sure to reach out again.