• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

wrong wax

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
Don't have it handy but it was the blue lettering number 2
Oh yea! The blue is Elite OS for old snow! Comes in three hardness grades. Also, a red, green and yellow in the line-up. I can't wait to try that line. I am hoping to get a "testing" package.

Marin

Putting on skis
Skier
I actually used this wax last year and agree 100% that works in very good range temp and very good wax.
I mix it with Toko All Temp white and worked very good . Toko All temp white seams to be more cold then hot Wax , it is kind of hard wax.

I did same today , going on Spring brake to CB , so will see how it works on 40F temp, weather showing 20F to 40F . Last year Never had chance to test it last year higher then 25F.
5 days of skiing at CB and still can fill Wax on skis , Did not have any problems at all. Temperatures was form 20F to 43F.
So far best combination I used it .

Black Dog

Its all downhill from here..
Skier
Regular Renew, or Graphite Renew?
The new FFC line has one Base Prep. and is has some graphite in it.
From Dominator's FB page. "DOMINATOR's new ELITE fluoro-free waxes, which will be available in the 20-21 season, took the boys to the top step of the podium of the Vermont U14 State Championships!! " 1, 2 & 3!

I took one of my team members skis to Mike at SKI MD in Framingham MA a few weeks ago. He used Dominator ELITE for wax. My buddy had one of the best results of his life on the the skis.
Not sure it was the wax or Mikes prep or combo of both.
Mike says the results have been way above expectation on ELITE so far.
He has mine in soaking in the warm bath of ELITE right now.:)

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Yes. ScotchBrite/Fibertex. A lot of it. If you think you are done, do it again. Then again, especially under the bindings.

I see. That was bothering me too. Is there any way one could fix that on the go with no shops nearby?

I assume you don't have a hotel waxing kit with liquid wax, paste wax, or hard wax with cork?

If you don't, there's really nothing more you can do. Go ski, in 5000 vertical it will get a little better.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I assume you don't have a hotel waxing kit with liquid wax, paste wax, or hard wax with cork?

If you don't, there's really nothing more you can do. Go ski, in 5000 vertical it will get a little better.

Understood.

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
I took one of my team members skis to Mike at SKI MD in Framingham MA a few weeks ago. He used Dominator ELITE for wax. My buddy had one of the best results of his life on the the skis.
Not sure it was the wax or Mikes prep or combo of both.
Mike says the results have been way above expectation on ELITE so far.
He has mine in soaking in the warm bath of ELITE right now.:)

Yes, I have not got any yet, and with our Mt closed not sure I can test when I get some.
Several weeks ago, I got an Email from Thanos. When he said he was BEYOND stoked with the new Elite formulas, I knew they would be great. Can't wait to try them.

Swix is up to the same sort of thing. These new waxes contain new polymers that are very hydrophobic.
Still, I will stay with Dominator as a loyal user. Thanos is a genius!

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid