• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Wrecked a ski today....

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
Sadly I managed to damage the edge and base of my 2017 Nordica Enforcer 100's today while at Squaw--looks like someone used a ball peen hammer to laterally hit the front edge right at the anterior contact point--the metal edge is bent and split and the base is bulged and de-laminated. Rest of the ski looks fine. Very strange, especially since I don't remember hitting anything while mainly skiing both sides of KT22.

Fortunately this is not a huge issue, as I have a pair of Enforcer 104's which fill a similar niche.

After damaging the Enforcer 100's, I switched over to the other pair of skis I had with me today, a 177 cm Head i.Rally.

Surprisingly, I generally enjoyed skiing the i.Rally's more than the Enforcer 100's on the same trails and in the same conditions today, with only one exception: the i.Rally's were a bit shaky running through the scattered areas of cut-up loose soft snow and crud, while the Enforcers were definitely more stable driving through this. However, the i.Rally's were better on just about everything else--including gripping the hard crust hidden beneath the soft snow, demonstrating greater agility in the big bumps lining KT22, and definitely offering more fun on the groomers at Red Dog, Siberia, and Shirley.

I am beginning to think I like narrower sub-80mm skis a lot more than wider 90+ mm ones for on-piste resort use....

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Surprisingly, I generally enjoyed skiing the i.Rally's more than the Enforcer 100's on the same trails and in the same conditions today, with only one exception: the i.Rally's were a bit shaky running through the scattered areas of cut-up loose soft snow and crud, while the Enforcers were definitely more stable driving through this. However, the i.Rally's were better on just about everything else--including gripping the hard crust hidden beneath the soft snow, demonstrating greater agility in the big bumps lining KT22, and definitely offering more fun on the groomers at Red Dog, Siberia, and Shirley.

I am beginning to think I like narrower sub-80mm skis a lot more than wider 90+ mm ones for on-piste resort use....

Why are you surprised?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Then, how about a mid-80’s ski?

He just has to get used to consciously stabilising the tip instead of relying on the dead spot of fatter skis. Good practice for actively controlling the lateral pressure at the tips when he gets back to his usual platform. If he does, that is.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Thread title should be..."I found a reason to buy a new ski today...."

"as I wreaked my narrow-ski wroth upon the unsuspecting crust and lumpen bumps,
verily did they grip the deepest bosom of the villainous Red Dog.
Violently did the craven crud shake the tips!
Yet did my trusty steeds scatter it as they ran through, shod with the most agile steel.
Engraved their prints shall forever be upon the bold brow of Siberia and the false face of Shirley"?

Last edited:

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
A5A078B7-4F2B-4449-ABD9-1BAEA4F9437E.jpeg

Buddy did this yesterday!

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Is that a wood side-wall -> a Skilogik by chance ?

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
View attachment 90623
Buddy did this yesterday!

One of my touring setup is about like that. It is the outside edge for life. It has many days on it after being flooded with epoxy, clamped, p-texed and sort-of stabilized. I created this post on a site that sells stuff in the county. Some people took me seriously. It was fun. The base looked pretty much like your friend's.

161226 - ranger 98 'ad'.jpg

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This thread just reminded me to look at my bases, definitely hit some rocks tonight.

Sponsor

Staff online