• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Wow...This day, six years ago, Ziggy and I were Tahoe bound.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
In the memories on Facebook this came up:
37426_407630147803_1470217_n.jpg

It was this day 6 years ago that I headed to Tahoe. @Tricia found the thread on Epic with the history, Philpug is Tahoe Bound.

Reading through the thread, so many of the names are familiar...and most have migrated with us over to Pugski. @Chris Geib @cantunamunch @Freaq , @JeffB, @crgildart, @Ron, @SKI-3PO, @GregMerz, @RachelV, @Bill Talbot, @Rod Smith, @Jim Kenney, @vanhoskier, @coskigirl, @Luvbug, @Evansilver @MattL @tromano. (I am sorry if I missed anyone).

So much has changed in the past 6 years, Tricia and I combined forces, Epic and Start Haus are in our past and the future of Pugski rests on our hands, by our, I mean the communities hands because while we maybe the heart and soul, you all are the body and reason we are doing this. We consider all of you our friends and the foundation of the site, you all and everyone else who had a part in building the new site and all the others who are keeping the flame going. A lot has happened in these 6 years.

It all made me think of the "Let's Get it Started" link Tricia put in the "Top 5" thread but I will add the ski related one from Hot Tub Time Machine:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm sure I'll say more about this but for now I am a little speechless
:toastToast to the amazing things to come in the next 6 and beyond.

Ziggy is a little grayer these days.
02477a62_36223_451035731137_540901137_6574353_1145661_n.jpg

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
A sobering thought ... how different your life would be if July 6, 2010 had not happened.

What a difference a day makes. Cheers! :toast

jgiddyup

Asst. Gathermeister--Utah
Skier
Just read the thread on the other site as I was going through my own life changes at that time and missed it. It seems to have worked out quite well all in all and here's to 6+ fantastic years to come for You, Trek and Pugski:golfclap:

Luvbug

Booting up
Skier
Still cant believe its been six years since we ski shopped with pigs and kittens and whatever else Mark had at the shop, met up for a beer and had too much mac and cheese, off-roaded miatas and day-tripped to the HUGE elk mountain. We aren't neighbors anymore, but life has been good to both of us ... so here's to another six years of fun and adventure!

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
SIX YEARS?? Wow! You both have been blessed with courage and the spirit of adventure. May you continue to experience many more of life's joys.I am happy, as a forum member, to be a part of your new online family.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
On this day 6 years ago, Phil arrived in Reno and started moving into the house.
This is (part of) what he posted on his moving thread on Epic
The moving truck won't be here until next week and quite frankly, I didn't plan well for what I packed in my car. I am without many items that I didn't even consider I would need. D'oh.
IIRC, the moving truck was nearly a week late, so he was camping in his new home.

Here are his numbers from the trip, many of which are interesting in comparison to today. Check out the fuel cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug

Some numbers from the trip

1 (known) bird caught in the spokes of the bike while on the back of the car

2 Pears eated

2.69 lowest price I paid for diesel

3.09 highest price I paid for diesel

4 errands I helped Brooklyn Tracy run

6 NFL & MLB stadiums passed

6 state capitals driven through

7 average MPH over the speed limit

8 Penna tags seen

9 States driven through

10 White Castle Burgers eaten in a sitting

12 Diet Pepsi cans drank (all I had was a 12 pack, so could have been more)

14 20oz cups of coffee

22 Dust Devils (thanks Bud) viewed in west Utah

39.X The Latitude of both Reno and Philadelphia (nearly identical)

40.5 average MPG for the trip

70 The interstate I was on most

80 The interstate I was on second most

85 fastest speed hit

108 Wind turbines seen

538 the highest miles shown on GPS that was 'Next turn in..." miles

2955 total miles

Sponsor

Staff online