• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Wow, an influx of new members in the past couple of days...

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Probably doesn't count as signing up as I registered last November, I know, I know but just now getting around to saying hello.

No excuse but I've been busy with skiing, summer, getting the last kid off to college ( CSU ) and working to support the habit we all love to do.
Now that the fall tent sales are starting to happen and new gear is arriving in the shops ..... Well ..... It's time to start thinking and talking all things SNOW.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I this when we say, "hello again, old friend" ?

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Phil/Tricia
I think it also vindicates your decision to not have a P&HT section here. I can not believe how the other place seems to have been hijacked by a staff member to make it like a third rate political forum. I dont come to a ski site to have these sorts of discussions, plenty of other sites for that. And that is regardless of whether or not I agree with the points being advocated!

This year will also see the annual ScotsSkier race closet clearance sale moving to PugSki.....stay tuned...closet is overflowing lots of good stuff to come - race skis (Sl and GS) race suits, protective gear etc....

Holy crap! That's momentous! PM me if you have any cool iSL's for the 'pre-sale'. :)

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
...anyhow, it wasn't my intent to take folks away from the 'other' site. :roflmao: Just got tired of the general tone. I did PM a couple of folks I hadn't seen here and let them know I was moving this way. No grudge with Epic at all, but I think it's very difficult to NOT have better moderation with an 'owner/operator' vested directly in the success of their creation.

I do think they made a membership change that should help things a great deal, but even that 5th personal wasn't my intent. That particular situation could have been taken care of with incremental moderation... IMHO of course.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just received a Pugski.com Newsletter, and then clicked on the article recommending well priced skis. As I read through it, I realized it was actually a forum thread, and I saw several friends who had posted. So I figured I just had to come over and check it out. I like the vibe ... and will spend some time here this winter. And let's hope it's a good season! I lost 2 months to a broken arm last winter, so let's hope it's a bountiful winter and let's keep the injuries down. @Monique , that means you, me, and all the others who were hurt this past winter.

Sponsor