• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Wow, an influx of new members in the past couple of days...

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I saw we now have a test question to stop everyone here from getting to see those sweet designer sunglass ads.

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
Hello one and all :)

I am an Indian immigrant and have live in the San Francisco Bay Area for over 20 years now, but have been skiing for only the last 10 years. I primarily ski at the Lake Tahoe mountains - usually day trips, but I'm also able to get in 3 or 4 overnight trips in a season too. I average 25 to 30 days in a season, but always wishing I could do more. It helps that my daughter (now 13 yrs old) was hooked early - she now trains on most weekends with the Sierra kids team and participates in the Tahoe League races. The last few seasons, the wife gave up resisting and has joined us more frequently too. Heheheh.

I have lurked at EpicSki for many years now. Noticed the "Moving on" thread there last week and decided to check out pugski. This site looks great- really well organized and friendly. Congrats!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Hello one and all :)

I am an Indian immigrant and have live in the San Francisco Bay Area for over 20 years now, but have been skiing for only the last 10 years. I primarily ski at the Lake Tahoe mountains - usually day trips, but I'm also able to get in 3 or 4 overnight trips in a season too. I average 25 to 30 days in a season, but always wishing I could do more. It helps that my daughter (now 13 yrs old) was hooked early - she now trains on most weekends with the Sierra kids team and participates in the Tahoe League races. The last few seasons, the wife gave up resisting and has joined us more frequently too. Heheheh.

I have lurked at EpicSki for many years now. Noticed the "Moving on" thread there last week and decided to check out pugski. This site looks great- really well organized and friendly. Congrats!

Welcome!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We may have one younger. ;)

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hey @Philpug don't forget about @Thibault Magnin who is possibly the youngest member on the site?
Actually my OP was kinda in reference to having an influx of members follow @markojp over from Epic. That influx over the past few weeks due to Marko, ski season just around the corner and just some fresh new content. we posted here. I kinda feel like Clarkson, May and Hammonds with their new endeavor. Sure the old Top Gear will still be around, and there is still the Stig but without the heart that they brought, it just isn't be the same. And we saw how long Chris Harris lasted. :nono:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Critical mass appears to have migrated here.. Only people that actually work for the competitor (most anyway) are not posting here but I bet most are lurking to see what's up here..

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Phil/Tricia
I think it also vindicates your decision to not have a P&HT section here. I can not believe how the other place seems to have been hijacked by a staff member to make it like a third rate political forum. I dont come to a ski site to have these sorts of discussions, plenty of other sites for that. And that is regardless of whether or not I agree with the points being advocated!

This year will also see the annual ScotsSkier race closet clearance sale moving to PugSki.....stay tuned...closet is overflowing lots of good stuff to come - race skis (Sl and GS) race suits, protective gear etc....

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I still think POHT went to hell when it opened up to everyone with over 50 likes but not much vested interest in skiing. I admit I prefer the this place without it to that place with it as it is now. But, 5+years ago when most people posting in that part actually knew each other in real life to some degree the discussions were more civil and most knew when to take a step back and actually entertain the opposing view points rather than resorting to childish insults.

6-or-9.png

There are a few off topic discussions here but again, since most of us are friends, we manage to find common ground most of the time.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Oh, no. Not me. Just looking in. :D

What I do find funny, both on here and there, some refer to Epic as "the other site" and even on Epic, some refer to Pugski as "the other site". It is not like Beetlejuice, the name can be said...Epicski...Epicski...Epicski...there I said it three times...

Last edited:

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Yeah, I know. Some see coming over here as a "mutiny," or jumping ship or something. That could be true for some people, and for good enough reason, but it wasn't for me.

Sponsor

Staff online