Would you rent ski clothing?

Discussion in 'Softgoods: Clothing, Helmets, Goggles, and More' started by Tricia, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Jenny

Jenny Out on the slopes Skier

I had my helmet liner . . . And just tried not to think about it! In addition, it was so very, very cold then that I don't know that bugs could live.

albertanskigirl likes this.
  2. AmyPJ

AmyPJ No longer on the single track. Pugski Ski Tester

Not that I'm aware of. They will dig around in lost and found for stuff that's been there for awhile and loan it out, though. Always good in a pinch if you lose/forget your goggles or gloves or something.

3. LKLA

LKLA Out on the slopes Skier

4. neonorchid

neonorchid Out on the slopes Skier

because -

:duck:

Mothertucker likes this.
  5. albertanskigirl

albertanskigirl aka Sabrina Skier

Definitely nothing survives at that temperature you had to ski in :)

6. DanoT

DanoT RVer-Skier Skier

Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
    I guess I should call up my boss and tell him to cancel the disinfecting foot spray order and instead we can leave returning rental boots and helmets outside for a few hours each evening.:duck:

7. KingGrump

KingGrump Most Interesting Man In The World Team Gathermeister

No wonder the helmets smelled like feet. :roflmao::roflmao:

8. givethepigeye

givethepigeye Really, just Rob will do Skier

The two times (first and last - which are the same) that you don't pack your ski clothes in your bootbag and your bags get "delayed" - you definitely will. Ask me how I know.

surfsnowgirl likes this.
  9. Slim

Slim Getting off the lift Skier

Yeah, I can see for at-base rentals for lost luggage, but otherwise?

Why would you rent it? You can buy a cheap set of pants and jacket for a few bucks. Plus, if you live anywhere outside of the tropics, don't you have something you could make work? Snowmobile clothing is a bit different, as I believe that outside of Minnesota people don't think Polaris jackets are the height of winter fashion.
    I also doesn't have to be ski specific. Hiking jacket, climbing jacket, XC jacket, bike jacket, sailing jacket, horseback riding jacket, warm up jacket from a team sport. Add layers underneath as necessary.
    Nylon wind pants from Old Navy or the thrift store. WPB Rainpants.
    On close outs, you can get some very high end stuff fairly cheap to.

Helmets I can see. They are bulky and single purpose. But clothes? Even if you use them rarely, you can stuff them in a box or shelf somewhere.

10. crgildart

crgildart Gravity Slave Skier

Only places I remember see renting coats, pants, gloves are places around here tho cater to a lot of tourists from Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida. Before skiing in NC I'd never seen a rental shop that also rented soft goods to tourists..

11. Uncle-A

Uncle-A In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al" Skier

No!!! Would never rent soft goods. The only time I even came close to anything like that was the time I forgot to pack a pair of ski pants on a trip to Stowe. A friend had an extra pair that would fit me so I had to use ski pants from a friend, not bad but still not my cup of tea.

12. fatbob

fatbob Making fresh tracks Skier

No. But I had to ski in some trackpants once in SLC after Delta delayed my luggage. Or more accurately snowboard because I wasn't risking skiing the first day in rental boots.