• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Would it make sense to get the Enforcers....

TS
T

Tim

Booting up
Skier
I wouldn't think there would be a lot of people on anything this week. Let's hope for colder weather this weekend.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
But with a lot of things in life, one needs to do a cost/benefit analysis to determine whether to do something or not. For me, I don't think the benefits will outweigh the costs in this situation.

Yeh, I know. Funny thing about that - I *only* buy gear of any sort if I don't think about cost/benefit at all.

TS
T

Tim

Booting up
Skier
Yeh, I know. Funny thing about that - I *only* buy gear of any sort if I don't think about cost/benefit at all.

Yeah, sometimes it's too easy for me to get swept up in stuff I really enjoy and I foolishly make a decision based on my skewed point of view. Reality usually sets in after a few days though and it becomes obvious when the cost is greater than the benefit

TS
T

Tim

Booting up
Skier
yea, damn, planned to ski tomorrow morning... looks like rain all day :nono:

Wait for the weekend; hopefully the cold air the following days will be sufficient for decent snow making; Next week, hopefully we get some naturally snow

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Quiver skis are fungible, everyday skis are different. It almost never makes sense to fill a gap in the quiver with a retail priced ski. If i just need an option for condition X I can always find a good option at 50% off. Every day skis, otoh, it's argueably worth it to have exactly what you want.

Reactions: nay
TS
T

Tim

Booting up
Skier
Quiver skis are fungible, everyday skis are different. It almost never makes sense to fill a gap in the quiver with a retail priced ski. If i just need an option for condition X I can always find a good option at 50% off. Every day skis, otoh, it's argueably worth it to have exactly what you want.

That's a very good point

ejj

Prairie Skier
Skier
I bought the Enforcer 185 this season after skiing them last spring. I love them. I sold my Bramha 180 to fund the purchase. While the Brahma might be a little better in ice and what not, the Enforcer is sooooooo much fun.

I live in MN and ski here and Out West. Only one ski for me. If I wanted a hard snow ski, it wouldn't be the Bramha.

Gerry Rhoades

mtcyclist rippin' again
Industry Insider
How would Nordica know not to cover it? Do they track serial numbers when they send out skis?
In order to get any warranty service you have to go through the dealer where you bought the skis.

TS
T

Tim

Booting up
Skier
I bought the Enforcer 185 this season after skiing them last spring. I love them. I sold my Bramha 180 to fund the purchase. While the Brahma might be a little better in ice and what not, the Enforcer is sooooooo much fun.

I live in MN and ski here and Out West. Only one ski for me. If I wanted a hard snow ski, it wouldn't be the Bramha.

I recently read someone's comparison (Blister Gear comment) between the Brahmas and the Enforcers and he said that the Brahmas actually performed better in powder and provided better float. This seems like more of an anomaly than reality. What are your thoughts on that?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I recently read someone's comparison (Blister Gear comment) between the Brahmas and the Enforcers and he said that the Brahmas actually performed better in powder and provided better float. This seems like more of an anomaly than reality. What are your thoughts on that?
Ummmmmm, huh?

TS
T

Tim

Booting up
Skier
Ummmmmm, huh?

Basically, what I am asking is, which ski is better in powder; the Brahmas or the Enforcers. Someones review of the two claimed that he experienced better performance in powder with the Brahmas, which doesn't make sense to me because the Enforcers are wider, so I am wondering if this guys experience is an outlier.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Basically, what I am asking is, which ski is better in powder; the Brahmas or the Enforcers. Someones review of the two claimed that he experienced better performance in powder with the Brahmas, which doesn't make sense to me because the Enforcers are wider, so I am wondering if this guys experience is an outlier.
I know what you're asking, I'm just surprised at the blister thoughts on this topic. The Santa Ana is my powder ski. I can't imagine making the Black Pearl my dedicated powder ski.

So, ummmmmm, huh?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

??? Forget even the width which just inherently will give more float, the hammerhead tip and the perfect rise in the tip and tail make the Enforcer a much better soft snow/powder ski. I would say even better than the Bonafide which is the same width. The only think I could think is the tester compared the 180 Brahma to the 177 Enforcer, which does ski shorter but even then if I was going out on a powder day, there is no way I would take the Brahma over the Enforcer.

TS
T

Tim

Booting up
Skier
I know what you're asking, I'm just surprised at the blister thoughts on this topic. The Santa Ana is my powder ski. I can't imagine making the Black Pearl my dedicated powder ski.

So, ummmmmm, huh?

And just to clarify, it was a commentor on Blister Gear, not the actual staff. I don't want to damage their credibility; I find their reviews very helpful.

TS
T

Tim

Booting up
Skier
??? Forget even the width which just inherently will give more float, the hammerhead tip and the perfect rise in the tip and tail make the Enforcer a much better soft snow/powder ski. I would say even better than the Bonafide which is the same width. The only think I could think is the tester compared the 180 Brahma to the 177 Enforcer, which does ski shorter but even then if I was going out on a powder day, there is no way I would take the Brahma over the Enforcer.

That's what I was thinking; or perhaps there was a huge difference in the density of the powder on the days he skied each one? Because the laws of physics, assuming he skied comparable lengths, seem to indicate the Enforcers as a superior powder ski.

Here was the exact quote from this commentor:

I have found the Enforcer to be a great groomer ski, good in bumps, super quick (almost too quick), but i am quite disappointed in it’s float. My Brahmas (88mm waist) do everything the Enforcer does with better stability, including float just as well if not better in 6″ of new snow