• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Would it make sense to get the Enforcers....

TS
T

Tim

Booting up
Skier
You got a deal. You should spend your money on a second pair of skis!

Yeah, that's why I decided to get them and then think about it; I figured I could sell them at no loss without a problem if I decide to. And yes, most of my spare cash goes to ski gear; but ultimately, a second pair is just a complete luxury at this point and my current skills probably don't warrant a second pair... but at such a great price, I couldn't pass up the possibility

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Yeah, that's why I decided to get them and then think about it; I figured I could sell them at no loss without a problem if I decide to. And yes, most of my spare cash goes to ski gear; but ultimately, a second pair is just a complete luxury at this point and my current skills probably don't warrant a second pair... but at such a great price, I couldn't pass up the possibility

After boots, the right skis can make you a better skier, I think. Yup, you definitely can't pass up the possibility!

Now, prey for snow.

Gerry Rhoades

mtcyclist rippin' again
Industry Insider
Where did you get them at that price? That's freaking unbelievable.

TS
T

Tim

Booting up
Skier
Where did you get them at that price? That's freaking unbelievable.

Someone on ebay was selling them, still in the shrink wrap, with Griffon 13 120mm for $699. I contacted him to see if I could just buy the skis; We agree on a $530 price, with $20 shipping.

Gerry Rhoades

mtcyclist rippin' again
Industry Insider
Most likely a shop rat who got them at the shop rat price with no intention of ever using them. But if something goes wrong with them at the beginning of next season, Nordica won't stand behind them and neither will paypal or ebay.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Alright, I got a pair of flats for $530 + s&h, I can get Pivot SPX 12 for $120, $30 to mount... Not a bad deal. I figured I had to buy it before they were sold. I can always resell if I decide not to keep them

Which is it, Pivot or SPX? It is an either / or...which is it?

TS
T

Tim

Booting up
Skier
Most likely a shop rat who got them at the shop rat price with no intention of ever using them. But if something goes wrong with them at the beginning of next season, Nordica won't stand behind them and neither will paypal or ebay.

Yeah, that would be my guess too. And yes, it may not be covered by Nordica next season, but that would be like buying a $200 insurance policy, and given my skiing style and the 5-10 times a year that I'd use them, it wouldn't be worth paying the full price if I could get a $200 discount.

TS
T

Tim

Booting up
Skier
Which is it, Pivot or SPX? It is an either / or...which is it?
Oops; I meant Look SPX 12... Are those good bindings? Getting them flat will enable me to choose any bindings; the SPX 12 are just the least expensive, by a quite a bit.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Oops; I meant Look SPX 12... Are those good bindings? Getting them flat will enable me to choose any bindings; the SPX 12 are just the least expensive, by a quite a bit.
A fine binding. You will be good.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
How would Nordica know not to cover it? Do they track serial numbers when they send out skis?

TS
T

Tim

Booting up
Skier
How would Nordica know not to cover it? Do they track serial numbers when they send out skis?

That's a good question; I have no idea; I'll just default to those more familiar with it than I am and I'm assuming Gerry is the guy with the knowledge since he owns/works in a ski shop.

TS
T

Tim

Booting up
Skier
So after thinking about it for several more days, I think I am leaning towards selling the Enforcers when they come in. It looks like they'd open up some versatility and ski better in soft snow and some powder, but ultimately, my Brahmas should be able to handle it to, albeit not as well.

Dana McMaster

Booting up
Skier
So after thinking about it for several more days, I think I am leaning towards selling the Enforcers when they come in. It looks like they'd open up some versatility and ski better in soft snow and some powder, but ultimately, my Brahmas should be able to handle it to, albeit not as well.

I find myself in a similar circumstance. I have the Nordica Hell and Back in the same dimensions as the Enforcer (same ski less metal) and I can count the number of times I've used them over the last couple years on one hand. I find the Brahmas and (my fav) the Fischer Motive 86 Ti more than adequate for east coast conditions. I haven't had a chance to demo the Enforcers but the Hell and Back is a wild energetic ski and a blast to ski in all conditions.

However, being 6'5" 230 I'm tempted daily by these accolades of the Enforcer, but ask myself really how many times would I want to pull it out of the quiver, versus the Motive 86 Ti or Brahma. Will the titanal in the Enforcer give me something extra that the Hell and Back doesn't provide but dial back on the energy it does provide?

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
However, being 6'5" 230 I'm tempted daily by these accolades of the Enforcer, but ask myself really how many times would I want to pull it out of the quiver, versus the Motive 86 Ti or Brahma. Will the titanol in the Enforcer give me something extra the Hell and Back doesn't provide but dial back on the energy it does provide?

I don't know if I'm really answering your question, but to this 215lb guy the Enforcer feels tighter and more muscled than the H&B with a more immediate feedback on how it's loading up and, to me, that is more pleasant and de facto more versatile.

You're making a reductionist argument here. One that's set on a personal scale no one can really argue you out of. Similarly I could make a reductionist argument of 'Hey, my Volant Chubbs, Atomic SX12s and Evolution Razors should be able to handle it, albeit not as well".

The trouble with reductionism is that it shuts one off to experiencing the new thing as complete and wonderful in itself.

That experience, of the new and wonderful thing in itself, has the superpower of suppressing "is the grass greener?" brain games.

If you think you're not prone to "is the grass greener?" brain games then maybe you're right and maybe you should sell.

TS
T

Tim

Booting up
Skier
I don't know if I'm really answering your question, but to this 215lb guy the Enforcer feels tighter and more muscled than the H&B with a more immediate feedback on how it's loading up and, to me, that is more pleasant and de facto more versatile.

You're making a reductionist argument here. One that's set on a personal scale no one can really argue you out of. Similarly I could make a reductionist argument of 'Hey, my Volant Chubbs, Atomic SX12s and Evolution Razors should be able to handle it, albeit not as well".

The trouble with reductionism is that it shuts one off to experiencing the new thing as complete and wonderful in itself.

That experience, of the new and wonderful thing in itself, has the superpower of suppressing "is the grass greener?" brain games.

If you think you're not prone to "is the grass greener?" brain games then maybe you're right and maybe you should sell.

I understand the benefits of a new pair of skis is more complex than my explanation above. But with a lot of things in life, one needs to do a cost/benefit analysis to determine whether to do something or not. For me, I don't think the benefits will outweigh the costs in this situation.

Sponsor