• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Would it make sense to get the Enforcers....

Tim

Booting up
Skier
Hello,

I ski primarily on the east coast and currently ski the Blizzard Brahmas. Would it make sense to expand my quiver with the Nordica Enforcer 100? My reasoning is that the Brahmas would be my typical hard snow ski and when we get fresh snow, have the Enforcers for my soft snow/west coast trip skis. Would this be a good pair or does it not make sense to get 2 pairs of skis with only 12mm in width difference (aside from the skiing characterstics)?

Thanks

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I think its a good bet. 100mm with lots of tip rocker will be better in eastern tree whens it deeper.

This season though a narrow carver may be the better second ski.

What size are your Brahmas?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I think you got your answer!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
This question is like asking your dealer if you should buy drugs.

TS
T

Tim

Booting up
Skier
This question is like asking your dealer if you should buy drugs.

though I know this comment is supposed to be humorous, I don't agree with this analogy because a drug dealer wants you to buy drugs to profit off of you; no one on this forum will profit from providing their feedback. My hope is to see if two skis are too alike to warrant purchasing.

That said, I see your point; everyone here is obsessed with skiing, so the obvious answer is, obviously get more skis.. I don't disagree

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
though I know this comment is supposed to be humorous, I don't agree with this analogy because a drug dealer wants you to buy drugs to profit off of you; no one on this forum will profit from providing their feedback. My hope is to see if two skis are too alike to warrant purchasing.

That said, I see your point; everyone here is obsessed with skiing, so the obvious answer is, obviously get more skis.. I don't disagree

All true. I specifically meant the Enforcer - I don't think anyone around here has said, "Nah, the Enforcer isn't for you."

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
All true. I specifically meant the Enforcer - I don't think anyone around here has said, "Nah, the Enforcer isn't for you."
We were talking to the Nordica Product Manager about how versatile the Enforcers were, not only for conditions but for the skiers who can ski them, the range is really amazing. Most anyone with competent skills can get on then and "have a good day".

TS
T

Tim

Booting up
Skier

Yes, I am getting that impression. The praise for the Enforcers is ubiquitous.

I guess the question I need to ask myself is how often I'd use them. More often than not, since I ski primarily on the East coast, I'll be skiing on hard pack and icy conditions; my Brahmas hold up admirably on that.

On West coast trips and on the occasional "powder" (I use quotation marks because powder days on the East coast is like 3-4 inches of fresh snow) days on the East coast, the Brahmas are fine, but I think I'd enjoy the Enforcers even more. So would it be worth picking up these skis to use them maybe 30% of the time? The ski-obsessed part of me (which usually wins) says absolutely - cost loses all meaning when it comes to ski gear; but the logical part of me isn't as confident.

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
They're on the buy soon list.

I ski the east, too, and while I wouldn't consider it a one-ski quiver, personally, some people might. It's pretty competent on ice — super competent for its waist class. I don't expect to take it out that often here, unless we get significant snow (or I can't stand it!). I have a brilliant mid-fat that does most things really well :D — but the Enforcer is such a good ski.

Last edited:
TS
T

Tim

Booting up
Skier
They're on the buy soon list.

I ski the east, too, and while I wouldn't consider it a one-ski quiver, personally, some people might. It's pretty competent on ice — super competent for its waist class. I don't expect to take it out that often here, unless we get significant snow (or I can't stand it!). I have a brilliant mid-fat that does most things really well :D — but the Enforcer is such a good ski.

Yes, I would primarily use my Brahmas on the East coast. But I can think of a few days (albeit it was last year when we got great snow) where I can imagine the Enforcers would thrive in. This year, I wouldn't have used them at all to this point, aside from my trip to Whistler in December.

That being said, my work is very flexible, so if any mountain within 4-5 hours from me is expected to get solid snow a few days out, I can take work off, which should enable me to use the Enforcers more frequently.

Decisions decisions.. this is a serious first world problem here

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
On West coast trips and on the occasional "powder" (I use quotation marks because powder days on the East coast is like 3-4 inches of fresh snow) days on the East coast, the Brahmas are fine, but I think I'd enjoy the Enforcers even more. So would it be worth picking up these skis to use them maybe 30% of the time? The ski-obsessed part of me (which usually wins) says absolutely - cost loses all meaning when it comes to ski gear; but the logical part of me isn't as confident.

If the point is a fatter ski, I'll be the outlier and say 100 isn't that much more than 88. What about the Patron?

I ask because I have the Santa Ana and just got the La Nina, and I am really really happy with the La Nina.

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
If the point is a fatter ski, I'll be the outlier and say 100 isn't that much more than 88. What about the Patron?

I ask because I have the Santa Ana and just got the La Nina, and I am really really happy with the La Nina.

Versatility, I think, would be the answer. Out here, for most uses, 100 is sufficient — and this 100 works over a wide range of conditions. Powder skis? Last year, in southern NH, we had one day on which a powder ski would have been fun.

TS
T

Tim

Booting up
Skier

I wanted a ski that was a little fatter but mostly one that had a soft-snow bias.. which according to reviews I've read (an extensive one by Blister Gear, among others) that is what the Enforcer thrives in; Soft pack and would be good in deeper snow or Spring conditions.

My Brahmas perform fine in these conditions, but has a hard-snow bias; I figured the Enforcers would be a great compliment to my Brahmas.

TS
T

Tim

Booting up
Skier
We were talking to the Nordica Product Manager about how versatile the Enforcers were, not only for conditions but for the skiers who can ski them, the range is really amazing. Most anyone with competent skills can get on then and "have a good day".

Here's a question for you Phil... Nordica makes seemingly two similar skis in the Enforcer and Nrgy 100.. I understand that the Enforcer has another sheet of metal and a heavier built ski, but how differently do the two really ski? The Nrgy 100 can be had at $250 cheaper than the Enforcer; which one perform better, in particular in soft snow and some powder?

Thanks

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Versatility, I think, would be the answer. Out here, for most uses, 100 is sufficient — and this 100 works over a wide range of conditions. Powder skis? Last year, in southern NH, we had one day on which a powder ski would have been fun.

I am also thinking about the "and some trips out west" part.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Here's a question for you Phil... Nordica makes seemingly two similar skis in the Enforcer and Nrgy 100.. I understand that the Enforcer has another sheet of metal and a heavier built ski, but how differently do the two really ski? The Nrgy 100 can be had at $250 cheaper than the Enforcer; which one perform better, in particular in soft snow and some powder?

Thanks
Actually, they are completely different animals. The NRGy is softer with a straighter sidecut an much less rise in the tip. The Enforcer is stronger with a more playful personalty and is better off piste in soft snow and trees.

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
I am also thinking about the "and some trips out west" part.

It sounds like, this year, the Patron would be great for western trips. Last year, maybe not. Josh used to use the Patron as a tree ski here, I know, and he may still. Don't know. Guess it depends how many trips a person makes in a year. I know the Enforcer would get more use over all than the Patron would — for powder days out west, a person could always rent.