• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
Just read through this. I have no idea how they are pulling any sort of profit at all. Im assuming they have a fantastic connection. I too have solid connections back east and shipping would make it hard for me to ever pull a profit. They must be busy as hell! Is the chowda that thick gloppy crap everyone out here seems to think is proper?

Straight sided HD rolls ftw.

Ceals shack on seabrook beach nh was always damn near perfect for lobster/clam rolls.

Ill be checking this place out sometime...I trust Phil's word on this.

SugarCube

Out on the slopes
Skier
My wife routinely drove the Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, PEI, New Brunswick route for work purposes and developed a love affair with seafood. Any attempt to ply her with a seafood dinner here in Toronto is fruitless. Apparently, no matter the cost, the seafood in the Maritimes is just THAT good.. :(

Back in my “biker babe” days, we were doing a trip through the NE up into the Maritimes. We found a little hole-in-the-wall place—in northeastern Maine, I think. May have NB, can't really recall. Anyway, the lobster roll…well, it was a religious experience of some sort. Can’t imagine anything that good again. Evah.

MikeS

freeski919
Instructor

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll say it again, the best lobster rolls are from PEI, because the worlds best lobster is from PEI! ;)

The best oysters too, but that is another thread........

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I had my first lobster roll last labor day weekend in Bar Harbor, Maine and OMG it was mind altering. I proceeded to eat 3 lobster rolls over the long weekend and gain 3lbs but it was worth it. I haven't had a lobster roll since but i'm trying to be good and save it if we make it back to maine this year.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
One of my college buddies was a hockey player from PEI. He converted me to PEI "Reds" potatoes. The best. Love them.

I just can't give you the lobster crown. Gotta be downeast Maine. Bunch of factors including the water temp and bottom structure. But I'd eat three dozen lobster rolls in PEI before buying one on Utah!

HaHa. There are few "bad" lobster rolls!

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Best Lonbster Roll? Oh man, had a bunch on my Boston to Bar Harbor trip. Memorable? Humm, had a good one at the touristy place in Cape Elizabeth, Maine, another one at the small village of Rockport, MA at Roy Moore's, and another nice one at Young's in Belfast, ME.

Roy Moore's
Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 2.27.51 PM.png

Two Lights Maine
Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 2.27.38 PM.png

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Humm, thanks to this thread I have huge cravings for a Lobster Roll.

Best in Denver???

Muleski

Inactive
That place in Cape Elizabeth is Two Lights State Park, and "The Lobster Shack." Pretty solid. Anybody headed to Maine? So many spots!

Market price is high right now. Walked over to buy some lobster meat......and decided NOT to. $60/lb. Ouch.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Humm, thanks to this thread I have huge cravings for a Lobster Roll.

Best in Denver???

Try the food truck on Broadway near Belleview. I haven’t been yet but have heard good things. Was disappointed with Cherry Crest.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That place in Cape Elizabeth is Two Lights State Park, and "The Lobster Shack." Pretty solid. Anybody headed to Maine? So many spots!

Market price is high right now. Walked over to buy some lobster meat......and decided NOT to. $60/lb. Ouch.

$60/lb :eek: ouch! Never seen it that high, but you are just talking the packed picked meat, but still.

Boothbay Harbor, The Boothbay Lobster Warf puts a solid 2 lobsters worth of meat in their rolls for ~$20 or so.

Five Island Lobster Co. in Georgetown Maine is a good choice too.

So many places. Red's in Wisscasset is infamous, you'll see the line of people wrapped around as you pass thru town. Is it worth it? I have an opinion, but try it for yourself and report back-it's a legend.

We'll be heading up end on May to open the house up. Bitter sweet; end on winter but beginning of summa, and here's hoping for a wicked good snow year next winter!

RachelV

I run TheSkiDiva.com and work at OpenSnow.
Ski Diva Tester

Ah, nice. I tried the lobster roll at Steuben's and the lobster definitely tasted like it had taken a while to get from the ocean to Denver. Looking forward to checking this place out.

I just do not understand how a Park City lobster roll can beat a place where they basically take the lobster off the boat and put it on your roll, but that horse has been beaten on the first few pages of this thread.

Sponsor

Staff online