• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
What defines the number of digits in the FIS code numbers? Alice and MS have numbers with 7 digits, and there are others with only 5 digits.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Womens is delayed for snow

1575660771592.png

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
What defines the number of digits in the FIS code numbers? Alice and MS have numbers with 7 digits, and there are others with only 5 digits.

I don't know. It looks like the leading digits, all but the last three, are almost a country code.
The Swiss all start 516, the Austrians 56, the Germans 205 or 206, the Italians 297 or 299, the Canadians 105 or 107, France 197.
But the USA numbers are all over the place: 6535, 538, 539.

Maybe that is just a coincidence and it just reflects where or when their number was issued. In the old days before centralized computer systems, many organizations had a different pool of ID numbers that each office could give out, so they did not have to deconflict them. (Notably, the US Social Security numbers were handled that way -- no idea if they still are.)

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So I have no covergage any longer (Eurosport). Looks like a long interruption on Live timing after Hurts DNF? Nothing serious I hope?

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Whoop there it is, the spoiler strikes again :micdrop:
6E92316B-1B67-4DE6-B6B7-521A15462221.jpeg

A nice warm up for Shiffrin.

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Wow, Ester Ledecka strikes again!
Must piss people off that a snowboarder is beating them.

Margins are pretty close, less than 1 sec for top 10.

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
What a great day to free ski at the lake. Easily knee deep powder all day (good for me, not good for the race).

Hats off to the race organizers to get the race off, an army of slippers to move snow, even seen them run the groomer up/down the spill zones.
Snow was very slow (can hear it when the women went by on waterfall) and track was on the soft side. That lower start changed a lot of the tracks demand. Not all that shocked at Ester. She ripped, nobody had a good track and she’s a decent glider. Any holes in her technical side didn’t get exposed due to the condition.
Hats off to her however, can easily see by her pace as she skied by she was going to win, was that much faster than the others. Super hard worker (she was training both SG and Snowboard pretty hard at Nakiska to prep) and an absolute athlete....easily one of the top natural athletes on the circuit.

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
Wow, Ester Ledecka strikes again!
Must piss people off that a snowboarder is beating them.
I’d say people must be happy that she also snowboards ;)

She starts #2 today…
17D9D87C-5B17-45F8-B8F0-3F4007905032.jpeg

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Because of the delay my recording got cut off and I didn't see Ester's run. The Ledecka-nator strikes again!

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
Yup, yesterday’s race was a good warm up for Shiffrin who was leading till the final intermediate time today. At least we don’t need to call it Lake Ledecka... Yet ;)
Tomorrow‘s super G should be a lot of fun to watch.

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
That comment from The Black Dog is like a swift kick to the groin !!
P.S. of course I would have used nuts,balls or sack but it’s a nod to the gals , if anyone is on this thread .

Black Dog

Its all downhill from here..
Skier
That comment from The Black Dog is like a swift kick to the groin !!
P.S. of course I would have used nuts,balls or sack but it’s a nod to the gals , if anyone is on this thread .

Why? I made that comment before her run today. It is common knowledge that the top athlete gets the pick of the fastest ski setup from the mfg. Obviously Ledeckea's skis were the fastest skis in the Atomic pool on Friday.

Snowflake2420

I70 is Life
Skier
Porino has mentioned numerous times the struggles of the Canadian team to secure funding, etc. Can someone in the know shed more light on this?

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
Oh I get it,no offense, it’s the fact that it does happen and when you compare that with other individual sports it’s CRAZY !!

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid