• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Hoping this season that we can have one thread for Men & a second for Women pertaining to all things World Cup.
Where, when, who, what & how to watch.
Training, predictions, performance, technique, tactics, injuries & results.
Whatever it is you can post in the appropriate thread.

This will be the MENS thread.

Here is a link to the Women’s thread
https://www.pugski.com/threads/world-cup-2019-20-season-women.16570/

Of course the biggest news recently has been the official announcement of Marcel Hirschers retirement.

I will start it off with the first thing I’ve come across about the Soelden season opener...
https://www.skiracing.com/stories/preparations-for-soelden-world-cup-opener-are-on-schedule
CBB845BF-63E3-4C64-BDD2-31721C42E718.jpeg

Of course, Mikaela Shiffrin has her own thread & perhaps some other stars or controversy will emerge that warrants its own thread but in general it would be cool to find things all in one spot.
What do the rest of you think. Other ideas?
@Muleski @Primoz @James @ScotsSkier, @Swede @K2 Rat, @Rudi Riet ... others?

Men’s schedule
DDCE5571-490E-4C94-9EAB-A833AD4A0B5A.jpeg

Attachments

• C4C20700-4136-423A-9175-8788CB68ECEC.jpeg
    C4C20700-4136-423A-9175-8788CB68ECEC.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I love the idea of a single thread! I was always having to hunt down each week's race thread. This will be better IMO.

PS - You also need to fix your schedule inserts @4ster ... you have PDF files inserted as images.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I've been hunting for NBCSN and Olympic channel listings or announcements but haven't found anything other than last season's press releases. Last season the coverage on those two channels was announced around mid-October, so hopefully there will be news soon.

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
I love the idea of a single thread! I was always having to hunt down each week's race thread. This will be better IMO.

PS - You also need to fix your schedule inserts @4ster ... you have PDF files inserted as images.
Did I fix it?

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
I've been hunting for NBCSN and Olympic channel listings or announcements but haven't found anything other than last season's press releases. Last season the coverage on those two channels was announced around mid-October, so hopefully there will be news soon.
I would guess that NBC still owns the rights. Hopefully they figure it out soon and someone will post the information here.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I would guess that NBC still owns the rights. Hopefully they figure it out soon and someone will post the information here.

They do, because they are offering a lot of the Gold Pass pay/streaming service... I just don't know what will be offered on the "standard" channels.

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
I want to know what young European, hopefully a teenager with long legs and lots of style,is going to burst out of the gates and slay the Mighty Mikaela ( that has a nice ring to it ) and send the Euro’s into a frenzy !!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I want to know what young European, hopefully a teenager with long legs and lots of style,is going to burst out of the gates and slay the Mighty Mikaela ( that has a nice ring to it ) and send the Euro’s into a frenzy !!

I don't! One more season of Mikaela dominance, bring it on!

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor

Some women with long legs & style although they may push Mighty Mikaela, I doubt they will be slaying her
Anna Swenn-Larssen
Petra Vlhova
Bernadette Schild

On the men’s side without Neureuther & Hirscher Slalom should be interesting. All these guys all have long legs & style.
Clement Noel
Daniel Yule
Ramon Zenhaeursen
Henrik Kristofferon

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
One thread is a great suggestion.
I was thinking that perhaps we could go with one thread for each gender. Separate them. That might be overkill. But it gets very busy in the heart of the season.

And...it would be great, IMO, if we could end any discussion of spoiler alerts and just start the discussion! It is 2019!

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I kind of liked when each race had a thread of its own, but perhaps that is still possible under a ”WC umbrella”? Let’s try it.

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
One thread is a great suggestion.
I was thinking that perhaps we could go with one thread for each gender. Separate them. That might be overkill. But it gets very busy in the heart of the season.

And...it would be great, IMO, if we could end any discussion of spoiler alerts and just start the discussion! It is 2019!
OK, I’ll see if I can edit this one to Men and start a second thread for Women.

My main issue with the spoiler thing was when someone would start a new thread with results in the title. When that happened it made it pretty difficult to avoid if you were just surfing the forum, one of the reasons to limit the number of World Cup threads. So unless anyone objects, no spoiler alerts necessary going forward.

I kind of liked when each race had a thread of its own, but perhaps that is still possible under a ”WC umbrella”? Let’s try it.
Not sure how the WC umbrella would work unless the moderators started a new Alpine World Cup Forum.
Let’s see how it goes with a Men’s & Women’s thread to begin. If it gets too clustered we can still add new threads as the season unfolds

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
OK, I’ll see if I can edit this one to Men and start a second thread for Women.

My main issue with the spoiler thing was when someone would start a new thread with results in the title. When that happened it made it pretty difficult to avoid if you were just surfing the forum, one of the reasons to limit the number of World Cup threads. So unless anyone objects, no spoiler alerts necessary going forward.

Not sure how the WC umbrella would work unless the moderators started a new Alpine World Cup Forum.
Let’s see how it goes with a Men’s & Women’s thread to begin. If it gets too clustered we can still add new threads as the season unfolds

Yeah let’s try and see what it looks like. Re: spoilers, I haven’t seen any results posted in titles previous years. But since I see the majority of the races live it’s not a concern personally. But inmho, a little ”demanding” if one expect a whole community on the ski racing section of a ski forum to code their discussion until you have caught up.

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
NBC's Snow Pass is on sale, same price as last year ($69.99). You get all the Alpine races, including the ones in Austria, as well as biathlon, cross-country, ski and snowboard cross, etc. I don't have cable so I watch via Roku.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
NBC's Snow Pass is on sale, same price as last year ($69.99). You get all the Alpine races, including the ones in Austria, as well as biathlon, cross-country, ski and snowboard cross, etc. I don't have cable so I watch via Roku.

True... but I already have NBCSN and The Olympic channel, and I'm hoping that they'll show most of the events like they did last year; Even if they are on tape delay.

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
True... but I already have NBCSN and The Olympic channel, and I'm hoping that they'll show most of the events like they did last year; Even if they are on tape delay.
last couple of years they've announced the broadcast schedule the Thu or Fri before Soelden, so ... look for an announcement on 10/25. If NBC isn't going to put coverage on NBCSN/Olympic Channel, then I'm also not going to pay them another $70 to stream it...

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
Not that I am advocating it (ogsmile), but can you get the feeds/streaming off of Reddit? Not that I have done this, but I know you can stream out of area NFL games that way.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
last couple of years they've announced the broadcast schedule the Thu or Fri before Soelden, so ... look for an announcement on 10/25. If NBC isn't going to put coverage on NBCSN/Olympic Channel, then I'm also not going to pay them another $70 to stream it...

They did it just over a week before Soelden last season, so I'm hoping for that again...that would mean the 18th... unfortunately, Soelden was Gold Pass only last year.

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...f-2018-19-fis-alpine-skiing-world-cup-season/

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January