• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Seemed like the flat light was tough for a while. Looked like Ganong threw them sideways right out of the start.
Strong run from RCS and the rest at the top. Nice to see Reichelt up there, it ain’t over til it’s over!

2C1C85A4-22BD-4A6F-856B-E115318D2E69.jpeg

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Question for the aficianados.... it looked like a lot of the skiers were heavy on their inside ski in that big fall-away right hand turn near the beginning. Is that just out of necessity, or are there times when that's planned because of the terrain or lack of grip in the fall-away?

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Seemed like the flat light was tough for a while. Looked like Ganong threw them sideways right out of the start.
Strong run from RCS and the rest at the top. Nice to see Reichelt up there, it ain’t over til it’s over!

View attachment 86680
Old guys rule!

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
They sure give out cheesy prizes at the Birds of Prey. :nono:
A print of a bird of prey?
Seriously?
If Levi can afford reindeer, the least Beaver Creek should do is come up with an eagle or two.
Who couldn’t use a little bunny control? Show of hands.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
@Blue Streak it could actually be easily done. You don't get reindeer in Levi to take it home with you, even if you would wish (it's illegal to get reindeer out of Finland, and if you are not Sami and have license that's going inside of family for ages, you are not allowed to have reindeers in Finland at all). So you get that reindeer, give name to him/her and they stay in Finland in their herd with their real owners. Beaver Creek could easily give eagles same way, and I would actually say it would be pretty cool idea. :)

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
D49DD932-D466-4448-A0CA-AF25160D00B8.jpeg

Odermatt
Pinturault
Ford

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
@Blue Streak it could actually be easily done. You don't get reindeer in Levi to take it home with you, even if you would wish (it's illegal to get reindeer out of Finland, and if you are not Sami and have license that's going inside of family for ages, you are not allowed to have reindeers in Finland at all). So you get that reindeer, give name to him/her and they stay in Finland in their herd with their real owners. Beaver Creek could easily give eagles same way, and I would actually say it would be pretty cool idea. :)
I posted in jest, but you are absolutely right!

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
Wow, after the first run Ford in 1st, Nestvold-Haugen, in 2nd, Kristoffersen in 3rd, and Ligety in 4th--good day for the USA and Norwegians so far; Pinturault way back in 16th...

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah it would be neat and do-able. But if it would require them to keep a bunch of eagles in captivity for no real reason.... maybe not such a good idea.

Maybe there's an eagle rehab center or breeding program that could bring one each year, to be named by the winner, and later released into the wild.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
That was definitely an exciting race to watch. I was really impressed with Tommy's skiing. Fantastic for him to get his first win at BC.

For me there was another winner on this day: Andrew Weibrecht. Andrew provided the first run coverage and he is far and away a much better commentator than Porino. He has a real future as a sports analyst for skiing and I hope that the "powers that be" recognize this also. I'd like to see him replace Porino for the rest of the season.

Bolder

Out on the slopes
Skier
Ford looked really good, especially given that Kristofferson had just laid down a +.95 second advantage. Also surprised how Ligety is still top 10 material. He could probably get top 10 in a GS 10 years from now, too.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Let's wait to see how Ligety skis in Europe. Lots of factors. Maybe he'll be consistent top 10, maybe not. And is he going to be reasonably content to be off the podium, but cashing the checks? For how much longer? Will he try to do this though the 2022 OWG's. Or does he look at how happy Hirscher is these days.
If I had to bet, I would say he is done at the end of this season. No need to continue.

Sponsor

Staff online