• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

BrianB

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Pinturault his own worst enemy so far this year in tech races. Will be interesting to see how the next two days play out.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
FIS now contemplating cancelling the rest of the season. WCF in Cortina sounds like a certainty to be cancelled. Look for the vote and announcement soon.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
FIS now contemplating cancelling the rest of the season. WCF in Cortina sounds like a certainty to be cancelled. Look for the vote and announcement soon.

Not shocking. In pro cycling the UAE Tour was canceled with two stages remaining after two Italian officials tested positive for Covid-19. Given elite athletes test their bodies to the limit, and at the end of the season they are fairly drained, cancellation makes a bit of sense.

Sad, but here we are.

James

Out There
Instructor
Looks like Friday is the day.

Decision on status of Alpine Ski World Cup Finals in Cortina on Friday
———————————
After a long discussion, the Council agreed with the request of the Italian Winter Sports Federation (FISI) on the advice of the Italian Regional Government and Health Authorities in Veneto, to wait until Friday 6th March to make a final decision on the staging of the FIS Alpine World Cup Finals in Cortina. This is also the date specified by the authorities for their next general update in regard to the status of controlling measures that have been undertaken to prevent the spread of the Novel Coronavirus and any measures that will be implemented.
———————————-

I think United is the only US airline still flying to Milan right now.

BrianB

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Pinturault is all of a sudden on fire again! Tough hill, well done Alexis :golfclap:
Pinturault really was so good all 3 races, today especially but very strong in both super g runs. Well done for sure.

James

Out There
Instructor
No decision yet on Finals in Cortina?

Three Anericans in top 10 training. Too bad it doesn't mean much.
0E1988F0-8AA6-4BD5-A551-2FA3F1920039.jpeg

Last edited:

QueueCT

Getting off the lift
Skier
Does anyone get the sense that they may be trying to coordinate a change of venue to Scandinavia? Incredibly challenging to do on short notice but wonder if they were assessing that option over the past few days before making an announcement.

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
Finals cancelled per the Twitter. So, who can still win on men’s and women’s side?
we'll keep this as men only, per thread.

4 races remaining (1 per discipline). Mathematically, four possible overall winners - Pinterault, Kilde (-16), HK (-107), Mayer (-332). Mayer's out.

I assume Pinterault will race in all 4 races, Kilde probably in 3, unless he has a lead going into the Kranjska Gora SL and could seal it with a point or 2. HK I'm guessing is only racing in Kranjska Gora, so I think he's basically done unless Kilde really chokes in Norway and Pinterault has a really disappointing GS in Kranjska Gora.

The discipline globes are interesting for SG, GS, SL:

DH - Feuz (with no finals, this is confirmed)
SG - 5 people with a theoretical shot: Caviezel, Kreichmayer (-3), Kilde (-29), Mayer (-41), Jansrud (-60). Don't see Jansrud really having a shot, but I think the other 4 do. Really comes down to the last race.
GS - Really down to the last race for these 4: HK, Pintu (-6), Zubcic (-26), Kranjec (-30).
SL - 3 with a shot: HK, Noel (-2), Yule (-57). Final race of the year. Should be fun. Edge HK on that hill in March, IMO.
AC (Pintu; his 6th!) and Parallel (Meillard) globes are locked up, and nobody cares. Actually, not sure if Parallel gets a globe this year or not.

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
we'll keep this as men only, per thread.

4 races remaining (1 per discipline). Mathematically, four possible overall winners - Pinterault, Kilde (-16), HK (-107), Mayer (-332). Mayer's out.

I assume Pinterault will race in all 4 races, Kilde probably in 3, unless he has a lead going into the Kranjska Gora SL and could seal it with a point or 2. HK I'm guessing is only racing in Kranjska Gora, so I think he's basically done unless Kilde really chokes in Norway and Pinterault has a really disappointing GS in Kranjska Gora.

The discipline globes are interesting for SG, GS, SL:

DH - Feuz (with no finals, this is confirmed)
SG - 5 people with a theoretical shot: Caviezel, Kreichmayer (-3), Kilde (-29), Mayer (-41), Jansrud (-60). Don't see Jansrud really having a shot, but I think the other 4 do. Really comes down to the last race.
GS - Really down to the last race for these 4: HK, Pintu (-6), Zubcic (-26), Kranjec (-30).
SL - 3 with a shot: HK, Noel (-2), Yule (-57). Final race of the year. Should be fun. Edge HK on that hill in March, IMO.
AC (Pintu; his 6th!) and Parallel (Meillard) globes are locked up, and nobody cares. Actually, not sure if Parallel gets a globe this year or not.
We were speaking about this today. Thanks for doing the math :thumb: !

James

Out There
Instructor
HK’s got some winning to do if he’s gonna get it.

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
2B7A4596-6A49-45D9-A9B3-FD8C5B0AE847.jpeg

Kilde
Fuez
Kriechmyer

Sponsor

Staff online