• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
A proud day for Austria! Kitz never disappoints :golfclap:.
I picked the right 3 just slightly out of order.

Respectable 8th for the big man from Squaw. Staying pretty consistent after his 7th last week. Hopefully this is the season he gets up on the podium after some close calls last year in the 4th spot.
Yeah, a really sweet run from BB :cool:

SL tomorrow, Lots of terrain changes & cool combinations.
Noel
HK
Pintarault (maybe a long shot but)...

...l am tempted to pick Myrher & Yule but I think the nature of the course suits others.
Maybe Matt or Schwarz will shine for the Austrians!

65A8C856-88F4-41A0-8B2D-7BD5A85458C3.jpeg

BrianB

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Really wanted to see Feuz get the victory, but really any of the top handful of DH skiers are so good and today Mayer was outstanding and happy to see him win.

James

Out There
Instructor
More video here:
Patrick Dempsey had a terrifying experience side slipping the top by the look of it. Would be fun to hear Svindal and Vonn discuss the course.

Slalom
Noel
Yule
Zenhausern

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
Best condition I have ever seen that slalom hill and with what was described as pretty straight courses kept it fair for everyone. Less than two seconds separating the top 30 after the first run says what a deep field of competitive slalom skiers we are witnessing.
Yule skied a near perfect run in the first only to be upstaged by the 19-year-old Braathen coming from bib 34. Good on Yule for holding it together in the 2nd.
I should have gone with my emotional choices which would have included Yule and Schwarz.
What a great weekend of ski racing!
:golfclap:

James

Out There
Instructor
I should have gone with my emotional choices which would have included Yule and Schwarz.
I know, I was going to pick Schwartz as an Austrian. Instead I picked Gigantor, Zenhausern.

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Yule seems to be skiing well this season. Also some good skiing by the Norwegian men. Pinturault had a bad day....

Yea, Yule, in many respects, is the surprise of the season. He has finished on the podium at Kitzbühel and Schladming before so Tuesday should be interesting.

Easy to say now, but I never bought into Pinturault being a contender for the big globe - not consistent enough and I don’t think of him as the best in any discipline (ok, maybe the combined). He can still win races, but I don't see him winning the big one.

I did think HK would have more of a lead on this by now - but let’s see how he does Tuesday. His slalom has not returned to 2016 levels, and without that, the next few years could all be tight and have both speed and tech guys in the race for the big globe until the WCF - which might not be a bad thing.

9899C8AE-CA15-44D1-BAFE-4909A0CF2688.gif

Last edited:
TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
Believe it or not I just returned from a Hannenkahm party. Usually those kinds of things are reserved for football around these parts...

2857872A-DA6B-46DE-A870-ACA7BBB20077.gif

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Believe it or not I just returned from a Hannenkahm party. Usually those kinds of things are reserved for football around these parts...

View attachment 91415
How was it?

I thought I was invited to one a couple years back after quickly reading an email title. I said to my wife...

”I can’t believe we got invited to a Hahnenkamm party - we are the ones that should be throwing that party. Man, we need to get a way to record shows and sports via Comcast.”

She just looked at me after my monologue and suggested I read the email/invite again.

it was a Hanukkah party. True story.

Last edited:
TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
it was a Hanukkah party. True story.
l used to read the want ads looking for telemarketers. For the longest time I thought they were looking for telemarkers :doh:

party was fun! A bunch of people I’ve known for a long time but I had no idea they shared a passion for ski racing.

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
l used to read the want ads looking for telemarketers. For the longest time I thought they were looking for telemarkers :doh:

party was fun! A bunch of people I’ve known for a long time but I had no idea they shared a passion for ski racing.
Sounds fun.
I’ve always wanted to throw one. Living mostly in Chicago makes that tough given distance and lack of fans. Also unlikely I can get my kids’ ski team and coaches after a race or training given the distances across a large metro. Some day Hansi Hinterseer will be rocking on the speakers for “pre-game”.
Some day...

TS
4ster

4ster

Instructor
I'm sticking with Noel, no F#$& it. Austrian sweep...

Schwarz
Matt
Feller

1580163739491.png

Darkhorses from down the start list…
Vinatzer, Linus Strasser & Braathen starts 23rd

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Noel
HK
Matt
Well Noel must of hiked? He’s in 30th now 2.6 out and they’re on bib 45. Eight Dnf’s already.
I’ve only got HK left on the board.

C1CF2A98-6A66-41D8-B91E-86D68A9FFE30.jpeg

Last edited: