• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
as they happen is due to Austrian TV rights, which they do not share nicely.
It's not that "they don't share them nicely", but contrary to most of other races, tv right holder is ORF (Austrian TV), and not Infront, which bought tv rights for majority of other races. So thing is, US broadcaster would need to negotiate price with ORF (for Austrian races) and with Infront (for most of other races), but obviously they did it just with Infront, which doesn't include Austrian races in that package.

James

Out There
Instructor
Terrible. How do we get around it?
Vpn? Which one is good?

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I really hope Mattias M is in the zone tomorrow and takes it. Such a nice guy.

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Moose the reason the Hahnenkamm and other Austrian Races are not shown on US TV as they happen is due to Austrian TV rights, which they do not share nicely. Lucky we get to see it a few days late.
Yea, I’m tracking. It was similar situation last year with at least some same day coverage. I’d miss it if in the afternoon due to kids ski racing but it’s the point I guess. As I’ve said before, just another reason to go over for Kitz-Schladming.

BrianB

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This is based on a post from the women’s thread but applies to today’s Super G. In case anyone from NBC or Olympic channel reads this forum, there is no way to thank you enough for including the option to watch the raw feed with no commentary in Snow Pass, even if it’s just a coincidence. For me anyway it’s a really neat thing to be able to watch the race with the ambient sound and having that option is 200% cool.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Looks like there’s going to be a little partying in Kitz tonight ogwinkogwink

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
Last edited:

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Really nice for Mattias M stepping up on the top level at home turf. I don’t generally root for Austrians, but he’s just an athlete that I admire and seem like a super nice guy from a distance (I have never met him). Totally fair.

James

Out There
Instructor
Mayer was supposed to win the SG..
SG
Mayer
Kilde
Dressen
DH-
Kriechmayer
Feuz
Janka
How about the old guy Clarey being 4th and 0.27 out?
It’s a tight race.
18529203-2CAF-49FE-B7F1-ED079A14F7A7.jpeg

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I bet Mattias M gladly would trade 10 SG wins against one DH in Kitz. But yes, beforehand SG seemed more likely. He has gradually looked better and better. On ... Fantastic allround skier.

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This is based on a post from the women’s thread but applies to today’s Super G. In case anyone from NBC or Olympic channel reads this forum, there is no way to thank you enough for including the option to watch the raw feed with no commentary in Snow Pass, even if it’s just a coincidence. For me anyway it’s a really neat thing to be able to watch the race with the ambient sound and having that option is 200% cool.
Totally agree, it’s great to have options. We tried to watch the Super G with commentary, out of curiosity, and their sound levels were so mismatched as to make it unlistenable. We hightailed it to the feed.

James

Out There
Instructor
So @James, are you sure Clary didn't finish 3rd? ogwink :P
Well my position is he finished third!
Another guy I was going to pick to podium, but figured nah too old.
Afaik, he still holds the speed record for the Lauberhorn at Wengen. 100mph.

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Respectable 8th for the big man from Squaw. Staying pretty consistent after his 7th last week. Hopefully this is the season he gets up on the podium after some close calls last year in the 4th spot.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January