• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

James

Out There
Instructor
Not one thread per race. While it makes some sense, it’s just too many threads. I’d almost say just one thread for men and women, but maybe that’s too little. But if you’re commenting on say Solden, will you really go to a different thread to talk about Mikaela vs HK etc? Seems a burden.

Unfortunately software is still in the pile of papers on a desk model.

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Has been a rough week or so for my WC hopes.

1) You won’t see Solden, Kitz, Schladming (or other Austrian sites) on TV in USA. So fire up YouTube.

2) FIS did not award Kvitfjell, Norway the 2023 WC Finals. Was hoping to do a family trip there (Wife, kids, and aging father) for that event If awarded. Am told the Attacking Vikings will try again - hopefully for 2024.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
Last year NBC showed The Hahnenkamm (DH) on delay but that was it. Was awkward because they switched the events around due to weather. No other Austria events were shown. Will be same crappy situation this year.

Think I’m going to just go over to EU every other year for Kitz-Schladming races. Maybe even add Wengen on the front of that trip.

Last edited:

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
last couple of years they've announced the broadcast schedule the Thu or Fri before Soelden, so ... look for an announcement on 10/25. If NBC isn't going to put coverage on NBCSN/Olympic Channel, then I'm also not going to pay them another $70 to stream it...
I think the Snow Pass is best for those of us who don’t have cable, ie no NBCSports or Olympic Channel.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Both the men's WC and women's WC threads for the 2019/20 season are stickies

Black Dog

Its all downhill from here..
Skier
We are thinking of going to Wengen to watch one day of the races, taking the train up from Zermatt. Anybody done this? Just wondering if the logistics will work for one day?

Kyle

Out on the slopes
Skier
We are thinking of going to Wengen to watch one day of the races, taking the train up from Zermatt. Anybody done this? Just wondering if the logistics will work for one day?

I have gone in the opposite direction in the summer and it took about 4 hours one way and multiple train changes to get between there and Zermatt.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
upload_2019-10-21_16-47-51.png

So here’s Sweden’s line-up. But it’s both the men and the women. So I might go rogue and start a Sölden thread ogsmile

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
I think the Snow Pass is best for those of us who don’t have cable, ie no NBCSports or Olympic Channel.
I found that the Snow Pass was $70 in addition to my other monthly TV bills, granted it's for the whole season, but still.

As it turns out, most, naturally not all, will also be on the Olympic Channel, NBC Sports, and NBC.
https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2019/10/22/alpine-skiing-tv-live-stream-schedule-world-cup/

All can be streamed live on Gold, but most can be recorded and watched for possibly free, depending on your current set up. I've already got Hulu Live, and can apparently see most of the races. I never watch them live anyway. And my Roku has an NBC Sports app on it as well.

I'm sorry to miss some of those bigger races, but I'm sure they will show up somewhere. Essentially, 9 venues will only be available to those who spent $70. But all the others you might already have in your cable, satellite, or streaming package.

Last edited:

Sponsor