• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Woodward Camp at Gorgoza

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
While searching for a few other gems on the internet, I found this month old story on npr - Powdr Corp. Plans Woodward Camp at Gorgoza

I had no idea what Gorgoza was so I looked it up and can't help but think.....Man that looks fun.
http://www.gorgoza.com

Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 9.56.43 AM.png

I can imagine that its tough to have another small ski hill in an area that is overrun by giant ski resorts, so this tubing hill makes sense.
I can't tell you how many times a family comes to Northstar and asks where the tubing is. The tubing at Northstar is at mid mountain and not easy to access if you don't have any intention of skiing.

Woodward is a whole different thing. I'm not sure how well its going at Copper, (perhaps some of our Copper locals have some insights) but Woodward Tahoe is off the charts. There is always a camp of some kind going on.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Phil said something similar. :D

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Drove by the site yesterday. Looking pretty good, the lift towers look done. They've got some massive jumps made of dirt for slopestyle training, and the building at the base is jinormous. They say they're on target for November 2019 opening. I always wanted to try out the tubing hill (Gorgoza); they should still have tubing. Maybe it'll be EXTREME tubing now.