• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Wood working and ski tool

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Finding a great way to attach veneer.

IMG_20190904_180730886.jpg

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
hummmm, our iron works just as well .... but agree you may be able to control temp a bit better

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Ha! My first ski iron was my Dad’s former workshop iron. He didn’t want it back after it had wax all over it...so I kept using it for a number of years after.

My first wax iron was my Mom's seamstress iron, she let me have it (in more ways than one) after she discovered the wax on it. It was very handy and very small, the handle folded over for storage.

James

Out There
Instructor
Get a dino iron with some heft and no steam. The point comes in handy.

eok

Slopefossil
Skier
Get a dino iron with some heft and no steam. The point comes in handy.

Heh, heh... that's exactly what I bought as my first ski wax iron in the early 70s & I still have it. It still has the felt-tip markings I scribed on the temp setting dial for waxing temps. I remember it worked well - after I figured out how to time waxing strokes with the iron's thermostat cycle. The iron would click when the heating coils were tuned on and off. I'd let the iron get to temperature, listening for the click when it got there. Then I'd do wax strokes until I heard it click again - which meant it needed to get up to temperature again. Repeat until done. Worked well.

I still keep it around in case my Toko iron fails.