• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
no edge

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
Promachine... mfg? What does the 105 stand for, flex?

I was surprised to ski on the Heads and realize they were not snug enough. In the shop vs in the cold - but somehow it seems to be working out. It's a great liner, but too bad it's large.

Last edited:

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Promachine... mfg? What does the 105 stand for, flex?

I was surprised to ski on the Heads and realize they were not snug enough. In the shop vs in the cold - but somehow it seems to be working out. It's a great liner, but too bad it's large.
Last post from me, but you simply purchased, or were possibly guided to the wrong Head product. The stock Raptor liner isn't great. It's nicely adequate. A foam tongue might do wonders, but who knows without eyes on. There's no reason to continue on with complaints about fit if you did not engage the services/and or heed the advice of the best fitter in your region that several have directed you toward. It sounds like you might have had better success with one of the Raptor B or R series plug boots, but who knows? Not anyone who hasn't seen your feet, that's for absolutely sure.
:beercheer:

James

Out There
Instructor
This is dart throwing extraordinaire!

7BA5E812-106A-47A5-B883-419636940EDF.jpeg

TS
no edge

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
Last post from me, but you simply purchased, or were possibly guided to the wrong Head product. The stock Raptor liner isn't great. It's nicely adequate. A foam tongue might do wonders, but who knows without eyes on. There's no reason to continue on with complaints about fit if you did not engage the services/and or heed the advice of the best fitter in your region that several have directed you toward. It sounds like you might have had better success with one of the Raptor B or R series plug boots, but who knows? Not anyone who hasn't seen your feet, that's for absolutely sure.
:beercheer:

Fair post, MarkoJP. I am reluctant to get in to a debate within a public forum. GMOL, Nick at Mount Snow and Garrick - those were my choices. I know them and have worked with all three. I chose Garrick and he is a good choice. I would not be inclined to discuss why I did not go with the others.

You comment about the Raptor is something that I have thought about but not in depth. The Raptor could also be considered a toy (term used earlier by me), but it skis very well and may be a good selection for an elderly fellow like myself. All of my buckles are cranked and that is a first.

James, When every number is a ski boot... but some numbers are missing! Sometimes you are directed to what's in stock.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
I wouldn't have ever thought of calling a raptor a toy. A tool, yes. A toy, no.

TS
no edge

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
Here's an update. I skied yesterday, Wednesday January 22, 2020. It was by far the best day of the season from the stand point of skills. Garrick has lifted the sole of my foot a very small amount to put me into a narrower part of the liner. He added the spoiler behind my leg at the top of the boot. He gave me another spoiler and I added those to the Velcro part of the liner yesterday . This appears to have made a tremendous difference. He also added thin padding to the right tongue. This gives me more pressure as it pushes the heel back. Why not the left?

My old boots could really lay down an edge. These boots are better at helping me stay centered. My old boots were much more powerful - new boots, more precise. I am struggling with my ability to flatten the ski on the snow. This will spell trouble in the bumps and maybe in the woods. I tend to enjoy high angle bump skiing but flat ski bumps with edges - this is what I have traditionally done best.

There is much less play when the shin drives forward on the Heads. It is quicker to engage. That is good.

Yesterday was a confidence builder but I need to get into some nasty woods and terrain. Let's see what happens then

Sponsor