• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

'Women' to replace 'Ladies' in FIS terminology

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Now if the announcers can just stop calling them "girls."
Politically correct or not (I'm from Europe so I don't give a shi**t about PC ;) ), that's what most of them are. Majority of racers are still more or less kids not 60 years old grandmoms ;) And yes I'm perfectly fine, if on men races they would call them boys ;)

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
They don't, but skiing (alpine or xc) is one of (few) sports where women get same prize money as men, if they compete on same venue (Soelden, Zagreb, WC finals). Men still get more for winning Kitzbuehel, then women get on any other race, but if races are on same venue, prize money needs to be same.
For Shiffrin getting more then Hirscher it's simply because she got more victores therefore more prize money.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Exactly!

This I know, I am not a male, man, or boy. Call me what you will lady, woman or girl (or even the occasional expletive) if it fits. I also have ~ 20 nicknames. I will answer to just about anything, except for Harold (long story). What you call me, doesn't change who I am.

I live in California so I also answer to Dude! It’s become a genderless form of address over the years.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Exactly!

This I know, I am not a male, man, or boy. Call me what you will lady, woman or girl (or even the occasional expletive) if it fits. I also have ~ 20 nicknames. I will answer to just about anything, except for Harold (long story). What you call me, doesn't change who I am.
But no matter, even at 4' 13 1/2", you are towering in spirit.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I certainly don't know what's the best, preferred, or proper label for any skiers, but I do know that G. who was in her last ski season at age 79 was still sporting a SKI LIKE A GIRL sticker on her helmet, and seemed quite proud of it.
:micdrop:

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Sponsor

Staff online