• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Women bindings reccomendation

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Purchased some skis for my wife, Elan Wavelength 76. Ski mostly Midwest but take trips to more snow and some powder.
Looking at the following bindings for my wife. (5'2" 110lbs, intermediate skier.), boot 22.5 Atomic Live fit 80

Don't know if I want demo or fixed mounted skis. Daughters could possibly use them, but not necessarily. They have bigger feet.

Look PX 12 demo bindings
Rossignol Saphir 110 Womens
AXIUM 100 SPEEDSET SKI BINDINGS 2014
Tyrolia Freeflex Pro 11
Not sure the difference between these really maters.

Thanks

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A lot matters between the bindings. First, avoid the demo bindings, heavy and inefficient. The Tyrolia FF11 would be my choice if you are looking to maximize the performance of the ski.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
A lot matters between the bindings. First, avoid the demo bindings, heavy and inefficient. The Tyrolia FF11 would be my choice if you are looking to maximize the performance of the ski.

So the Tyrolia is not demo then?

If you're considering the Axium 100, we have a crazy deal right now on the Look version:

http://www.skiessentials.com/bindings/2015-look-nx-10-bindings.html

I agree with Phil. Avoid the demo bindings. The FF11, Axium, and Saphir are all great bindings.

Is this more a beginner binding or should it be fine? She's not a hard charger, but it progressing quite well with better gear.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So the Tyrolia is not demo then?

Is this more a beginner binding or should it be fine? She's not a hard charger, but it progressing quite well with better gear.

The FreeFlex 11 is the junior/light adult race binding which will be very good for this application.

There really isn't a "beginner" binding. The NX10 is the same binding as the NX11 just with a lighter spring and lower price point. If you are value minded...a fine choice.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Her din is at 6.

Would the Marker M 10.0 EPS be any better?

Sure do appreciate all the help.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
My mother and SO have been happy on the NX (aka Rossi Axium/Saphir I believe) binding. Neither charges hard, one an advanced intermediate, one slightly less. Easy to get in/out of. The toe is the same as the PX/Pivot series I believe, just a slightly less beefy heel than the PX.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You're kind of splitting hairs between the Marker M10 and the Rossi Axium or NX10. Very similar systems with slightly different toe designs.

I wouldn't actually say one is better or worse than the other. Essentially designed for the same application.
YUP. If could come down to which one matches the ski better, they are THAT close. Step up would the the FF11 though.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I was leaning toward the Tyrolia FF 11 and at $99, sounds like I can't go wrong.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor

^^^ this ^^^^ Absolutely. Of the bindings listed for the ski you chose OP, this is heads and tails the better product.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
:yahoo:

Sponsor