• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Shiffrin skied every section of the course to near perfection making the other more seasoned veterans look lost & shaking their heads in bewilderment. ;)

So did she win?

We can't say, it might spoil it for someone who is days behind. ;)

I don't know if you're serious, but yes, Shiffrin won!

newfydog

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Got to agree, the spoiler thing is a bit inane. If you want suspense, get up early and watch it live. The first thing I do when I get up is check results. Then I watch it later, and find it just as interesting, maybe more so because I know when there is something significant to watch for.

skix

Out on the slopes
Skier
Meanwhile, we've had members cover events in the past few years who have posted in real time, so there is that. As always, I like hearing what you have to say.

Only 'rule' I'd advocate for is don't post results in thread titles. If people do that then you really do have to stay off the entire forum to avoid seeing results. But the way this thread is posted it's easy to stay away. If you enter the thread and get spoiled then it's YODF.

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Spoiler Schmolier don't really care BUT to the two people who posted video 53 of whole race accolades and a big thankyou. To the person who posted MS video ditto. For a guy who used to race and is stuck away in Northern Idaho thank you to Pugski and a few members here who really are great posting all the race stuff.

It is special with Shiffron doing her thing.l I would have to say I have never seen such a clean fast run of a SG than what Mikaela pulled off in Switz. GO GIRL.

newfydog

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I would have to say I have never seen such a clean fast run of a SG than what Mikaela pulled off in Switz. GO GIRL.

Two things stood out to me: She was psyched as all heck going out of the gate---couldn't wait to get after it

On the jump into the left footed edge landing (0:20) she was so loose and relaxed. Not a bit scared, just loving the speed and flow. She has the physical ability, the technical ability, and now is in a great frame of mind for super-g. Pretty cool to watch it play out.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
@Tricia no worries I will still write I think I should write, and I honestly don't have problems with using spoiler alerts, as normally I write things way too late to spoil someone's fun, unless they are seriously late for party, but it just looks a bit weird not to write about races, when nowadays you know results before you even wake up :)

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
Miki is certainly skiing well, however unless I’m mistaken Weirather was ahead at all intervals until the bobble near the last interval at the end that looks to have cost her half a second.

The Austrians also has blazing runs but looked to have made an error in inspection or something leading to the DNFs.

This is SG of course.
Haven’t seen the SL or PSL.

Bolder

Out on the slopes
Skier
OK, great to know that we can avoid the spoiler tags once the race is run. There are a number of us here in Europe who have the luxury of watching just about every race live, or at the very least on very short replay interval. I don't know how folks in the US have arranged to watch FIS events...seems pretty random, so rather than rack my brain trying to figure out when someone on Pacific time might or might not have seen.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Only 'rule' I'd advocate for is don't post results in thread titles.
This makes the most sense.
Just don't post results in the title.

@Tricia no worries I will still write I think I should write, and I honestly don't have problems with using spoiler alerts, as normally I write things way too late to spoil someone's fun, unless they are seriously late for party, but it just looks a bit weird not to write about races, when nowadays you know results before you even wake up :)
S'all good!
ogsmile

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Biggest spoiler is youtube... it's recommending videos to me with the video titled with the race winner :nono:

Wolfski

Getting on the lift
Skier
Wait What Racing Started???

For what it's worth go back and watch the run again but pay attention to the line MS takes, especially the bottom 1/3...spoiler, just so good

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I agree about spoilers. Just don't put it in the thread title or slip it into unrelated threads, and rely on the readers to postpone reading threads like this one.

On the other hand, the spoiler hiding feature is so easy to use, why not use it?

Ross Biff

The older I get, the faster I was....
Skier
Wait What Racing Started???

For what it's worth go back and watch the run again but pay attention to the line MS takes, especially the bottom 1/3...spoiler, just so good
Also check out the intent in the start gate. She means business it seems!

Sponsor