• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
That was just a flip comment but beating cars off the line but it is a feeling of pride that I will continue to own. Not to take away from the miata cause they are fine cars. There are just a lot of fine cars and that's what is subjective. Just personal preference.

Well the Crosstrek should ween you off that feeling...;)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I wouldn't exactly say a station wagon is a fair analogy as a loaded fiero beating cars off the line but I appreciate the sentiment. I like miatas but as someone quoted about the fiero was a great car. So is the miata, and the that is all I was saying.
I am sorry but the Fiero was far from being a "great car". When there was an issue with cars catching on fire, it removes the car from "great" consideration. The 2M4 was a parts bin project and built under the guise as a "commuter" car, the only variation that could be considered moderately good was the last year GT.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
The '72 Squire was certainly not a great sports car, but it was still the same feeling.

LOL, I recall watching a lot of Firearrows burn on the 401 near Leslie St. (Toronto) from my vantage point on the 15th floor of an apartment building near the 401 and Don Mills.

Beating cars off the line has more to do with reaction time than anything else.

Speaking of tires, the Micheline snow tires of the day handled the Alberta Gumbo pretty well.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I am sorry but the Fiero was far from being a "great car". When there was an issue with cars catching on fire, it removes the car from "great" consideration. The 2M4 was a parts bin project and built under the guise as a "commuter" car, the only variation that could be considered moderately good was the last year GT.

The Fiero was a mid engine car and it was paramount to change the oil due to the small oil pan so not changing the oil regularly had consequences. Fiero is credited with a lot of things and has received a lot of accolades.

https://www.autonews.com/article/20160301/CCHISTORY/160229863/pontiac-drops-the-fire-plagued-fiero

That said to each their own as to what was a great car but my Fiero was an 88, the last year GT :)

Last edited:

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
The new Corvette is now mid engine.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid