• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Winter Tire Shop in North Tahoe?

Chickenmonkey

David T.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anybody have a recommendation for a good tire shop in Tahoe City or Truckee?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I really like the guys here at Discount Tire in Reno. They are on Mccarran, about a 1/2 mile north from 80. Dave, Zack and their crew really have taken care of me. Worth the trip down the hill. We were just there yesterday to get the new tires for the Yukon.

TS
Chickenmonkey

Chickenmonkey

David T.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks Phil. I'll keep them in mind. Just looking for a place closer to the West Shore. Reno is a haul from over here.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks Phil. I'll keep them in mind. Just looking for a place closer to the West Shore. Reno is a haul from over here.
I wouldn't mention it if it wasn't worth it. These guys are good. A see many Calif plates in there and talking to the customers that have driven down from Truckee, they feel it is worth the trip too.

TS
Chickenmonkey

Chickenmonkey

David T.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I know. And after looking around a bit more, I may just end up in Reno. We will see.

Stones Country Tire seems to be decent on Yelp in Truckee. I'll have to call about pricing.

TS
Chickenmonkey

Chickenmonkey

David T.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ended up at Discount Tire in Reno. WS-80s. Even on the dry drive home they are much better than my General Arctics. Much less road noise and better stability on the highway.

Sponsor