• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Winter Park conditions right now

Rich McP

H20nSnow Elsewhere
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey, got a clinic at WP tomorrow and Friday and I need to choose skis. Here's my question: do I plan on hitting rocks or can I safely plan on full coverage. It is a LII Teach clinic so except for fun time we'll be on intermediate-ish stuff. Probably some bumps too.

If I expect rocks I ski one pair, if I expect no rocks, it'll be a different pair.

Help! Thanks.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I hit some trees and rocks on MJ bumps on Sunday. If you ski carefully and slowly you can avoid. If the clinic is on the WP side I don't have any beta.

Magi

Instructor
Instructor
Hey, got a clinic at WP tomorrow and Friday and I need to choose skis. Here's my question: do I plan on hitting rocks or can I safely plan on full coverage. It is a LII Teach clinic so except for fun time we'll be on intermediate-ish stuff. Probably some bumps too.

If I expect rocks I ski one pair, if I expect no rocks, it'll be a different pair.

Help! Thanks.

You'll likely be doing that clinic off of the Prospector and Eskimo lifts at Winter Park (same place the L2 teaches at WP happen), and everything over there is fairly well covered (you can find rocks in a couple spots on "Over and Underwood" and "Engeldive", but it's very avoidable if you aren't worried about things like "stay in the fall line or fail the exam".

That said - You're doing a level 2 teach clinic - ski performance isn't really gonna be a thing... just bring the rock skis if you're that worried about dinging an edge.

headybrew

surrender to the flow
Skier
I'm dragging this thread back out. Anyone else notice the lynx tracks under the Arrow lift last weekend? Most spots is was melted and obscured but in certain spots you could definitely make out large (open human hand size) cat tracks that did not break through the crust whereas the rabbits were plopping right through. Gotta love our wildlife!

Sponsor