• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Winners Thread!

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
I entered a K2 contest with this last year but I won nothing. :(
View attachment 27126

About a decade ago I entered a contest with Rossignol and won a pair of Rossignol Scratch BC skis.:D

A couple years ago I entered a K2 parade float contest - they used my entry in their marketing but I won nothing. :(

Wait... you saying I missed a couple of K2 contests ??? What was was the theme last year? What a great photo!! Are those K2 bendable figures real? And now I need one ! K2 float contest ? You made a float ? I need pictures!!! This is good stuff Dave !!

Last edited:

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hey @Doug Briggs ,
If you'd added that photo to your original post, I'd have gotten you more votes! ;)

Here's my Dad on what I assume are the the original Comps.
View attachment 27127
Anyone want to guess at the boots?

IIRC, my elites were a sky blue topsheet with yellow bases. Could've been pre 70's.

Like Dave said, look like Rosemount boots. But those are not the original Competitions. Those are second generation Comps -- the K2 Comp Fours with the red, white and blue matching tops and bottons. Holidays were the sky blue tops , but the bottoms were black. Crap, I wish my K2 binders full of old literature were not 3 hours away in my ski house so I can verify if Elites were first made with
solid sky blue tops .... :)

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Wait... you saying I missed a couple of K2 contests ??? What was was the theme last year? What at great photo!! Are those K2 bendable figures real? And now I need one ! K2 float contest ? You made a float ? I need pictures!!! This is good stuff Dave !!

Actually that is me in the package made to look like a Huck Doll - all Photoshop -- sorry, does not exist.

Huck Doll from my collection below -- would have thought Moseley would have been on K2s.
IMG_3632.JPG

IMG_3635.JPG

Moseley, McConkey, Kitt

You would have liked the parade float contest -- winner was flown to K2 headquarters. I'll have to look for my entry -- they just wanted rough sketches and then they used the winner's design to make the float.

I would have liked to enter the pugski/K2 contest but I am on the staff.

Last edited:

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Like Dave said, look like Rosemount boots. But those are not the original Competitions. Those are second generation Comps -- the K2 Comp Fours with the red, white and blue matching tops and bottons. Holidays were the sky blue tops , but the bottoms were black. Crap, I wish my K2 binders full of old literature were not 3 hours away in my ski house so I can verify if Elites were first made with
solid sky blue tops .... :)
Can't say for sure what my dad was on in that photo, but we all had what I remember as Competition lll's before being replaced with Winter Heat Fours. Both were red, white & blue. Again, IIRC.
The Holidays of the same year as my Elites had white top sheets.

Oh yeah, yes to Rosemounts.

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
Actually that is me in the package made to look like a Huck Doll - all Photoshop -- sorry, does not exist.

Huck Doll from my collection below -- would have thought Moseley would have been on K2s.
View attachment 27128
View attachment 27129
Moseley, McConkey, Kitt

You would have liked the parade float contest -- winner was flown to K2 headquarters. I'll have to look for my entry -- they just wanted rough sketches and then they used the winner's design to make the float.

I would have liked to enter the pugski/K2 contest but I am on the staff.

Great job on the photoshop! After I asked the question, I noticed your last name on the bottom of the package so I assumed it might have been photoshopped. You should have won with that photo.
Glad you are on staff because I have a feeling you would have been pretty tough to beat !!!!

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Great job on the photoshop! After I asked the question, I noticed your last name on the bottom of the package so I assumed it might have been photoshopped. You should have won with that photo.
Glad you are on staff because I have a feeling you would have been pretty tough to beat !!!!

Thanks! Yeah, I love playing around in Photoshop.

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
Can't say for sure what my dad was on in that photo, but we all had what I remember as Competition lll's before being replaced with Winter Heat Fours. Both were red, white & blue. Again, IIRC.
The Holidays of the same year as my Elites had white top sheets.

Oh yeah, yes to Rosemounts.

Yes, Elites were initially in sky blue and Holidays in White. At the same time there was also XR-10's, which were red. Then the Elites switched to blue and white stripes and Holidays to blue when the red, white and blue Comps came out in I believe in '69. As you can see, the K2 symbol later changed to a continuous K2 on the 2 pair on the left. Although I can't read it, pretty sure the far left are Holidays as I have a pair now in that deeper blue. Not sure what that white ski is ??? maybe they were making Holiday in both colors then ?
K2 skis.jpg

Last edited:

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Wait... you saying I missed a couple of K2 contests ??? What was was the theme last year? What a great photo!! Are those K2 bendable figures real? And now I need one ! K2 float contest ? You made a float ? I need pictures!!! This is good stuff Dave !!

K2 parade float concept for their contest -- nothing too fancy -- just a simple sketch

K2 Contest Petersen.jpg

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I like it !! That would have been a cool float. I wonder what won??
I think someone's concept was that red, white, and blue Winnebago from THE PERFORMERS. It's really boxy so much easier to build.

Actually looks like a Chevy...
van.jpg

Last edited:

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, Elites were initially in sky blue and Holidays in White. At the same time there was also XR-10's, which were red. Then the Elites switched to blue and white stripes and Holidays to blue when the red, white and blue Comps came out in I believe in '69. As you can see, the K2 symbol later changed to a continuous K2 on the 2 pair on the left. Although I can't read it, pretty sure the far left are Holidays as I have a pair now in that deeper blue. Not sure what that white ski is ??? maybe they were making Holiday in both colors then ? View attachment 27142

@K2 Rat

K2 Rat -- I don't know if you saw these in the K2 thread but a friend gave me these a few years ago. The only pair I have seen -- unless of course you have a pair.
K2 1776.jpeg

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Wow - I don't have those. Very cool and would have been the perfect prop for a July 4th photo !! Red, White and blue never goes out of style!!
I bet, when you joined the contest, you had no idea that you'd find a group like this to hang out with.

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier
I bet, when you joined the contest, you had no idea that you'd find a group like this to hang out with.

Haha -- exactly . Once I saw there was a "All Things K2" forum, it felt like I was coming home and hanging with old friends !

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Who wins the books? They're pretty cool.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Philpug
    Notorious P.U.G.
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid