• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Windproof full-zip midlayer fleeces

Gerry Rhoades

mtcyclist rippin' again
Industry Insider
Outdoor Research makes several soft shell full zip jackets . I have several pairs of Ferrosi pants, a pullover(discontinued, boo) and a jacket. I like the material and the fit is is pretty true to size.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks for the tip. That's new in the last few days. I'll call to find out if they can tell me whether it's real or just more down vests packed into bags with Environ SKUs on them.

Thanks for the legwork, @SBrown. Emailed them. They got back to me today. (They've gotten to know me a little too well. :eyeroll: ) The site is wrong (again). They don't actually have any small Environ jackets. Appears they have some significant inventory management issues around this product, at least.

James

Out There
Instructor
image.jpg

https://www.basinski.com/shop/spyde...pyder-vectre-full-zip-fleece-miidlayerjacket/

TheBestSkier

Getting on the lift
Skier
We are making a full zip hoodie with a factory DWR treated R1 micro grid fleece. I'm hoping this product will have some wind resistance properties to it. I think the DWR will have little effect on it's ability to breathe and wick moisture. This should work as a mid layer and outer layer. The fleece will be black and we are still deciding on zipper colors. There will be hand warming pockets, dual hip cinch and a collar cinches. The Raglan sleeve should help the shoulder move unrestricted. I do not have the measurements yet but I'll update when they become available. The price should be around $100 on these but all of our cost haven't been determined yet. Feel free to ask me any questions.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I tried this on at Goodwill yesterday. I knew it was a very expensive shell, but I didn't get it because I've already got 5 black and/or grey windstopper type jackets and this one didn't have inside pockets, just the two very large outside pockets that zipped all the way from the waist to the armpits. Was definitely a killer value though, $175 jacket for $15.00

arcteryx-tenquille-hoody-mens-carbon-copy.jpg

Arcteryx Tenquille Hoody - Men's

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Um, ebay? Make some $$!
I thought about getting it just to sell. I've got a pile of kids stuff that's likely going to have to go away too. I just hate the hassle of shipping stuff more than I like the money to be made. 99% of the stuff I either get and don't like or stuff the kids outgrow gets given away. If I know someone wants/needs something I would go out of my way to ship under those circumstances, hoping the favor gets returned. But, selling stuff and shipping it ?? I'd rather just give it to someone that needs it than try to sell it to a stranger. If I don't have a friend that wants it I just give it to Goodwill or some other thrift store on my regular route. It's hilarious how many things I've either bought then donated back in the future or donated then bought back after I changed my mind a week later hahahahaha!

Sponsor

Staff online