• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Do grandkids count? Used chocolate as bait to catch this one.
20200626_152405.jpg

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
A few from our last desert trip. We saw a bunch of antelope and even had a drag race with three of them. We were on the dirt road in the side by side and they were about 25or 30 yards off the road. We had stopped to take some photos and when we started they did too. I figured they'd turn and head away from us but they just kept paralleling us. I slowed down at around 45. Its amazing how they just eat up the terrain. Over bushes, through washout, and when they drop into high speed they're covering almost 25' per stride. It's a Wild Kingdom experience. We also saw some bighorn sheep and a couple gopher snakes. Sorry about the poor quality; my new phone and I are figuring each other out.
20200619_095017.jpg

20200618_121920.jpg

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
There are lots of lizards in the deserts and mountains of Utah but I rarely see Western Collared Lizards. Travel a short distance over the state line to Colorado National Monument and they are plentiful. Most lizards scurry away as soon as one approaches their position but this species has no problem standing their ground, which makes them ideal photographic subject matter.
collared lizard.jpg

collared lizard2.jpg

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Did you set that up like a Jeep commercial? Have a helicopter place the sheep up there?
Nope, just have to know where to look. The next time through that area I had my real camera...no models showed up!

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
While snowboarding through the trees at Brighton this past winter, I came upon this porcupine plowing through the snow ahead of me. When I stopped it began to climb a tree and, when it was nearly head high, I took some photos of it. After a short while, it began descending and ended up sitting down on the nose of my board. Just as I was retrieving my phone to take some additional photos, two skiers from Japan rocked up and that scared the porcupine off before I could snap more images of it contemplating hitching a ride.
porcupine.jpg

porcupine2.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online