• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
From a few years ago Adirondack Black Bear
bear in my backyard.jpg
My back yard

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
I have a bunch of these. Giant rats!

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
I'm very fortunate to be the overseer of our Peregrine Falcons where I work. It's been 8 years worth of fledglings since Mom first showed up on top of our building.

Couple of pix, first the matriarch and ruler of all you can see...
And then some of her fledglings
This is mom, she don't take sh!t from no one!
Peregrine mom.jpg

Here's some of the offspring

Peregrine chick 6 .jpg
feeding.JPG
3 youngsters.jpg
Peregrine chick.jpg

Last edited:

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I have a not so secret desire to one day be a falconer.
So I'm very fortunate to be the overseer of our Peregrine Falcons were I work. It's been 8 years worth of fledglings since Mom first showed up on top of our building.

Couple of pix, first the matriarch and ruler of all you can see...
And then some of her fledglings
This is mom, she don't take sh!t from no one!
View attachment 58148

Here's some of the offspring

View attachment 58149 View attachment 58153 View attachment 58151 View attachment 58152

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have to agree upthread, giant rats. It's rutting season in the hood. I had deep hoof gouges in my lawn, broken branches and displaced boulders one morning. Either a battle royal or the other thing.

IMG_0444.JPG

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
SB05101y.jpg

A couple yellow-bellied marmots, marmota flaviventris, beside our timberline camp spot at 11k+ in Humphreys Basin of the John Muir Wilderness. August 2, 2018 day 2 of an 8 day backpacking trip had considerable afternoon thunderstorms with thunder, lightning, and hail. The basin has barren expanses of glaciated granite with considerable piles of boulders interspersed with flowery turfy meadows and streams from melting snows, that are ideal for marmots. And the big rodents that live in colonies were everywhere. Adults are 19 to 27 inches long and as much as 11 pounds. Living to as much as 15 years they hibernate during winter. Since our camp spot for 3 of us was in a remote place others never used, these two, with a favorite pass time of lazing atop highest boulders, didn't seem to be bothered by us as long as we didn't approach closer than about 10 feet.

kimmyt

My Rack Is Bigger Than Yours
Skier
IMG_5431.jpeg

Saw this cutie just off the trail today hiking around Golden. The herd didn't seem too bothered by our presence as they just stayed about 10-15' off the trail.

Sponsor

Staff online