• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We've been having mountain lion alerts the last several weeks. Last night one was spotted 100 yards away from my property in an elk migration corridor. As the elk population has grown, mountain lions have learned to hunt in this area during migration. Camera at the ready in case I can capture any of the traffic.

NZRob

Skiing the Rock
Skier
Kea at Treble Cone ski area
20160814_131056.jpg

NZRob

Skiing the Rock
Skier
We've been having mountain lion alerts the last several weeks. Last night one was spotted 100 yards away from my property in an elk migration corridor. As the elk population has grown, mountain lions have learned to hunt in this area during migration. Camera at the ready in case I can capture any of the traffic.

We saw three mountain lion run across the road in front of us during our Utah road trip in January...a couple of hours south-east of Capitol Reef NP. High excitement, but by the time phones/camera were out all we got were blurry images of foliage

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
It is unfortunate but also necessary that my neighbors are discussing having CPW remove the moose and his family from our neighborhood. There are too many kids and pets running around for us to continue to share our very dense neighborhood with injured wildlife. Relocation would likely be a death sentence for him. :(

This poor bull limps and moves very slowly.

Maybe they should form a task force to study this ... develop a report ... have a committee review it ... make recommendations.

By then, maybe he can find his own way to the Big Meadow in the Sky. And the next bull in line can lead the family back to the wilderness.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Yes, I know, @VickieH . SMH

Someone called a large animal rescue group and they said letting him be, if possible, is the best solution. I fear someone will have a dead bull on the front yard soon. Worse that some loose dog will find and chastise him. Worse yet, that some child (the neighborhood is 50% kids under 15) will encounter the poor beast and there is nothing worse than a frightened animal except a frightened injured animal.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
There is at least one more family of moose in the 'hood right now. Today was my day to have them in my front yard.

MVIMG_20181007_164956060.jpg

This was actually yesterday afternoon when I was about to take the bridge in the background back home. We took another bridge. I think this is the same cow and calf as was in my front yard.

IMG_20181008_065235282.jpg

Daddy was keeping an eye out for trouble.

IMG_20181008_065344439.jpg

He was making sad sounds while the cow and calf walked away. He didn't feel up to climbing over the fence, but eventually he did.

Sponsor

Staff online