• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
2015-09-18 10.23.06.jpg

A nice little wind scorpion.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Are those the same as vinagroons? (Sp?) Either way, ack! And eek!
I looked it up and vinagroons are in the middle east. They do look similar though. This guy was pretty small.

dean_spirito

Freestyle Ski Coach
Skier
View attachment 17514 View attachment 17515

My friend took these pics at copper the other day. I've only seen one of these once.

Ah, I love these! One lives under our hot tub at Carbondale, I haven't yet gotten a good photograph but so cute when his head pops
out.
View attachment 17519 View attachment 17518

That is an ermine or a stoat. They turn white in the winter and they are super cool. There is one that lives at the base of Copper that eats out of all of the trash cans in Center Village. Just saw one a few weeks ago at Wolf Creek. I'd love to convince one to hangout with me and be my friend.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, "our" ermine was all white even in warm early November... I wasn't really sure when they turned, the only other I have seen was in April. The Copper one(s) is definitely fatter than the other two I have seen.

Mikey

Getting on the lift
Skier
20150826_093654.jpg

Monument Valley. These horses were standing absolutely still at least for as long as we were there.

DSC03964.jpg

This little dude welcomed us to the pass and bid us a fond farewell on our tip down into Telluride.

DSC04475.JPG

Out in Canyonlands, I was scoping out some areas to photograph for the sunset. Dressed in shorts and flip flops I had just gave myself a reality check and thought that I might want to be a bit careful and have a lookout for rattlesnakes. Not sure who was more lucky, me or my buddy above. Right after that thought, I looked down and he was about a foot away from me. One more step and either he was squashed or I was bit. The snake wasn't upset and slid down to the area where I got this shot. I backed up afterwards and he slid further down and was on his way.

DSC04967.JPG

We were looking for a place to setup camp in Nevada not all that far from Lunar Crater. This guy was loping after his girls that were not all that happy with our presence.

TheBestSkier

Getting on the lift
Skier
That is an ermine or a stoat. They turn white in the winter and they are super cool. There is one that lives at the base of Copper that eats out of all of the trash cans in Center Village. Just saw one a few weeks ago at Wolf Creek. I'd love to convince one to hangout with me and be my friend.

I was calling it a white ferret. They look like they would be into cheese. If you're going to friend one you better start skiing with some cheese. Maybe @SBrown can test this theory at home and then we can use the data out in the field.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Wow, I haven't checked into this thread in a while and, clearly, I've been missing out. Great shots of wildlife!!

SlideWright

aka Alpinord
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Supporter
This cute guy was getting some face shots in chest deep powder. He was curious and came right up to us. I wish I got a better picture or shot a video instead.

IMG_3471.jpg

Version 2.jpg

On a sad note, the Purgatory Lynx died. It was tagged, 11 1/2 years old and apparently was born in Telluride and cruised over from there.

dean_spirito

Freestyle Ski Coach
Skier
This young bull was roaming my neighborhood the other day. He actually charged at my neighbor as she walked out of the house with her dog. She didn't realize that he was standing just around the corner from her porch.

Today as I was coming home I noticed a bull and a cow hanging out on the hillside just above my house. Couldn't snap a decent pic, but I watched them graze for about an hour.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Went out camping for the Memorial Day weekend and spent some time on the side by side. Lot's of antelope and a few other critters.
DSCN6669.JPG
DSCN6679.JPG

Posaune

sliding
Skier
Here are a few. I put some of them on Epic but they are gone now, so I'll put them up here.

Banff NP
Marmot and View.jpg

Canada/U.S. Border: (Brag time, this guy came straight at us and dove under our bow. A lifetime thrill. We looked him up, he is from J pod and his nickname is "Cappuccino." )
IMG_1287.jpg

Olympic NP, Hurricane Ridge
IMG_1820.jpg

More later

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online