• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

jseeski

Skiing a little BC powder
Skier
It is a great picture, I imagine a little bit of luck is also involved.
What a gorgeous photo! Lovely hummingbird, and that shot clearly required some skill and patience too!
Thank you for your comments.

There is patience, but not too much. The hummingbird likes the Scarlet Runner Pole Beans we have growing, so she visits fairly often.

If there is any skill (which is always debatable), it is because I've used the same camera for years, so I know it well.

And yes, there is luck. Since it is a relatively old camera, by digital camera standards, the focusing system is not exactly state-of-the-art, so moving subjects can be a problem. I take lots of pictures and delete most of them. Now and then, I get a decent one.

Again, thank you! ogsmile

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
IMG_20200729_105845.jpg

I saw this one when watering the plants this morning.

Aquila

Getting on the lift
Skier
Thank you for your comments.

There is patience, but not too much. The hummingbird likes the Scarlet Runner Pole Beans we have growing, so she visits fairly often.

If there is any skill (which is always debatable), it is because I've used the same camera for years, so I know it well.

And yes, there is luck. Since it is a relatively old camera, by digital camera standards, the focusing system is not exactly state-of-the-art, so moving subjects can be a problem. I take lots of pictures and delete most of them. Now and then, I get a decent one.

Again, thank you! ogsmile

I know exactly what you mean. I've done a lot of bird photography and there's a good amount of luck in terms of the bird just showing up, being in the right spot, etc.... maybe 1% of the photos I take are good ones :) lots of photos where the leaves behind the bird are in focus, or the bird is disappearing out of frame!

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
View attachment 107042
I saw this one when watering the plants this morning.
IMG_4643.jpg

This little Alien stoped by the bathroom window to greet me yesterday (Tues), three stories up!
A neighbor down the street purchased 1500 from Amazon, she grew then released them around her house in hopes of biological control of Lantern Fly's. Based on size she thinks this is one of her critters.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
So new dimension for me...my ma saw a cougar (the animal, not the dive-bar-dweller..) the other day up at the cottage... Mental note.. :geek:

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier

Video proof posted by a nearby resident that bears don't necessarily sh*t in the woods.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
This guy/gal dropped in for a visit on my deck table the other night.
20200819_205902.jpg

20200819_210501.jpg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
0578768A-A8F5-4A67-804F-FCC66EE87B32.jpeg

Saw this guy on our walk yesterday, his buddy was hanging behind yipping and howling trying to get Gypsy's attention.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
View attachment 108490
Saw this guy on our walk yesterday, his buddy was hanging behind yipping and howling trying to get Gypsy's attention.
That's their favorite hunting tactic, at least with dogs. One or two yip and yelp for the dog to come out and play. When the dog gets there, it's no longer playtime. I lost a dog to yotes and the folks watching her couldn't get out of the house in time even though it was close.

Sponsor