Andy Mink

I am a half fast skier.
Pugski Ski Tester
A few from our last desert trip. We saw a bunch of antelope and even had a drag race with three of them. We were on the dirt road in the side by side and they were about 25or 30 yards off the road. We had stopped to take some photos and when we started they did too. I figured they'd turn and head away from us but they just kept paralleling us. I slowed down at around 45. Its amazing how they just eat up the terrain. Over bushes, through washout, and when they drop into high speed they're covering almost 25' per stride. It's a Wild Kingdom experience. We also saw some bighorn sheep and a couple gopher snakes. Sorry about the poor quality; my new phone and I are figuring each other out.
20200619_095017.jpg

20200618_121920.jpg

Daniel

Getting on the lift
Skier
There are lots of lizards in the deserts and mountains of Utah but I rarely see Western Collared Lizards. Travel a short distance over the state line to Colorado National Monument and they are plentiful. Most lizards scurry away as soon as one approaches their position but this species has no problem standing their ground, which makes them ideal photographic subject matter.
collared lizard.jpg

collared lizard2.jpg

Staff online