• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
20191224_104149.jpg

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Is it a Mink?
It is an Ermin, I think they are part of the weasel family but I have always known them as Ermin. They are brown in the summer but grow a white coat in the winter with a little black on their tail. They are pretty fierce but fun to watch diving through fresh snow.

Reactions: Ron

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
From Yellowstone a very long time ago, like the 20's.

View attachment 88348

Cool. Anyone know why they put logs on top of the cedar shakes on the roof? Was that to trap the snow so it wouldn't slide off and keep a snow blanket on roof for insulation?

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ When I moved to New England, wild turkeys used to be so rare you were supposed to report a sighting to DEP. Nowadays, it's all you can do to avoid getting an accidental Thanksgiving dinner when you drive the back roads.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Make sure your subject is in the light. They're all in the shade and the camera focused on the background by default.
Except the background isn't in focus either. Are you sure the lens was clean @Snowfan? This could also be camera movement if the camera used a bit longer exposure to try to brighten the deer - but most phones don't do that often or in normal picture taking mode.

Do all your photos look like this? Have you tried more than one photo app?