• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Why You Should Pull the Trigger on the LEKI Trigger 3D Poles

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Has anyone shortened/cut a LEKI 3D pole? One of the shops in Mammoth said that they were unable to remove the grips.
I have a pair that I want to shorten and also can't get the grips off, even with boiling water. @Philpug said he was able to do it after leaving them in the boot heater box for a while. When I get home I'm going to try that.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I used hot soapy water. I then wedged them in between a door and door frame right up against the grip pulling in the direction that the door closes. That allowed me to use my weight.

Schussboelie

Booting up
Skier
Love my LEKI Trigger S's, gloves and all.
Moved up 5 years ago or so from the original Trigger.

I too find that they don't always open or lock very well if snow gets caught in them.
This resulted in a sore thumb after a pretty big crash three weeks ago.
Nevertheless, still love 'em.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@James , here is what the new straps look live:

IMG_1028.jpeg IMG_1027.jpeg

Suuuper nice. Wider and lighter weight than the first version which means less likely to fall from the gloves when you leave them dangling from your wrists. Very happy.

Yepow

Excuse me, I'm an intermediate
Skier

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
how are you finding the Stockli grip on that somewhat thin cover below? Maybe a day for the MCs?

Friday.
Today was pedal to the metal, see-if-I-can-break-my-neck day. Refrozen cord early in the morning turning to hard icy chalk later on. No crowds. Perfect day for 180 WRTs.

Friday will go to the lower part of the mountain with the shorter and easier runs for some giggles on the Cors. Can’t wait.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yep--pretty sure these are on the opposite hands LEKI designed them for. But if they work for you, great.

They absolutely arent. I double checked-right on the right, left on the left

Reactions: ejj

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Interesting. Mine wear totally different. I end up with the little ring right above the intersection of the thumb and pointer finger.

It is very possible that LEKI had a different way of wearing them in mind. I however decided to think different :ogbiggrin: respectfully disagree with them, innovate and wear them as I see fit.:ogbiggrin:

Here, have a look:

https://www.sportokay.com/ie_en/LEKI-trigger-vertical-2-0-mesh-strap-skistoecke-zubehoer.html

ejj

Prairie Skier
Skier

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ahh--different straps! I haven't seen those before. Mine are some sort of 3D S Vario variety.

Yes, these are new, different from the normal Trigger S straps and they are really good-you can leave the poles dangling from your wrists as you would with any other normal strap and at the same time they are compatible with the trigger mechanism. Win-win.

Sponsor

Staff online