• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Why I hate Sonny Bono

Status
Not open for further replies.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
<<<<<< This pic is me skiing in Spain with the Ingemar Stenmark hat my daughter knitted for me. Why not a helmet? Because I didn't want to fly to Spain for 2 weeks and take a helmet for only 2 days of skiing. I usually wear one, but not for XC skiing, and not on this limited-skiing vacation......

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The real question is...if sonny bono had been wearing a helmet, would it have worked the first time his head smashed into the tree... or the second time it was smashed into the tree....or the third time it was smashed into the tree....????? .....:popcorn:

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I wear a helmet because I look really awesome wearing a helmet. Of course I make anything look awesome.

Unlike Sono Bono.

RuleMiHa

Out on the slopes
Skier
*is confused now*
Murphy's Law (or as I like to say Murphy, His Law, and Their Corollaries)

She's afraid that she would be fine if she unthinkingly went without a helmet, but that the minute she made a conscious decision to flaunt convention she would end up with a head injury that would have been perfectly prevented by helmet use. That's a kind of superstition I'm well familiar with and personally still have a few (metaphorical) scars on my a** where those kind of decisions came back to haunt me.

RuleMiHa

Out on the slopes
Skier
I got that. :D

It was more a light comment on the language - in my idiom "I can't stand" means 'Clear the way NOW 'coz it's coming off at fastball speeds'
:)

I have really large (metaphorical) Murphy attributable scars, so in my idiom "I can't stand" means 'oooh, be careful you might be about to do something you'll regret'.:doh:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I don't need you to "hold my beer" because my helmet came with a cup holder..

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
Here to post in this critical thread.

I couldn't give two f@#ks less what other adults wear on their head anywhere or anytime.

Edit: Never mind..I hate those flat brimmed ball caps and no one , no one should wear them ever again

antigonowhere

Booting up
Skier
Glad I came back just to read about the flat brimmed cap.

Stuff's BS.

So is the other extreme, brim with a tight curve into it, sat high up on the front of the head, lower on the back. Take her down a few notches in size for the best effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor